Has anyone got the "An American Translation?"

by inquirer 11 Replies latest jw friends

• inquirer
    inquirer

It says in John 1:1, that the word was divine, instead of saying "God." But can anyone tell me how it translates Isaiah 9:6? Does it say Mighty God or divine being?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

try this online Bible search

http://www.biblegateway.com/

You can check various versions

• inquirer
    inquirer

Lady Lee,

It's not there like I thought.

I was thinking of buying it. I won't buy it if I don't have a fair idea how it's translated.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Does Jesus, in An American Translation, refer to his apostles as his "homeys"? Is Mary Magdeline refered to as a "ho"? When Judas betrayed Jesus, does he say "oh no you di-ent"? Does Jesus say "for shizzel I say unto you"?

Just curious. (and a smartass).

• blondie
    blondie

By Googling "An American Translation" online:

http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=82396725

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Well for starters the word, "divine," means to be God or God like. I have 2 copies of the American Translation.1860 and 1861. A basic dictionary will not help any. The dictionary writers also have gotten political correctness down to a tee.

Divine which is Logos, koien greek which equals Theos, which is basically translated as God. I won't go into the 15 pages of detail on how and why, if you have a analytical greek lexicon, it basically Christ, Himself, tells the reader Who is Alpha and Omega..Both in Revelation 1:8 and Rev.22:13.

Have fun....

spells out the same.

Many people will argue points too absurdity. As for Palsm 9:6 teach on hte prophecy of the coming Christ. And before you or someone wants to talk to you about Revelations considering Jehovah God, John, writer of Revelations, tell you from the beginning of revelations that it's Christs revelation......"The Revelation of Jesus Christ...." Revelation 1:1..."John tells you from the start that he's going to write on the Christ.

And

• jgnat
    jgnat

From Blondie's link:

IN THE beginning the Word exist- 1
    ed. The Word was with God, and the Word was divine.
  • inquirer
    inquirer

blondie,

By Googling "An American Translation" online:

http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=82396725

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hello RevFrank, I noticed you ended your quote of Rev a bit too soon..

It's "a revelation by Jesus Christ WHICH GOD GAVE TO HIM,..." that's pretty good proof that Jesus is not the omniscient one and that his Father is and that the two are separate beings...that is if one gives scriptures any weight in the first place.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, inquirer, I guess you are going to have to buy a used copy.

So what can you expect with a free online Bible.

I have about 30 translations, all purchased used online.

www.alibris.com

www.ebay.com

www.amazon.com

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit