Almighty god ?

by lazyslob 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

" In the beginning God created the heavens and earth...."-Genesis 1:1---The way I disern it God is Almighty God.

Over the years of research, study, and to understand the scriptures God can do anything He desires, but then again God is only limited by His nature. So what's His nature? His nature is God. Plus He doesn't go against His nature. I'll give you a simple example......if God created another god,He wouldn't be God.

All through out the writings of scripture, it does say that men were gods, for the simple reason many had authority, as judges, over life and death. Another example comes from Psalm 82:6 and 7....., "I said, You are gods and all of you are children of the Most High.But you shall die like men, And fall like one of the princes."

Stating here that men were filled with pride and thought they did haave authority of life and death over men. Yet God Himself never reconized man as God or His equal.

According to Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear O Isreal: The Lord our God, the Lord is One." And one more scripture stands out who God really is..."And God said to Moses...'I AM WHO I AM,' And HE said, 'Thus you should say to the children of Isreal," I AM, 'has sent me to you."(Exodus 3:14)

So anything less God would not be....

• daystar
    daystar

When is a tree a tree? When is a rock a rock?

Is my rock and my tree exactly the same as your rock or tree? Or even the same as the actual Thing?

These words and the resultant images that appear in our minds cannot result in anything but an approximation of Truth, of Reality.

The image any on of us holds within our minds of any Thing is simply that, an image. We are all idoloters and we can be nothing less.

When is a god a god?

• daystar
    daystar
    Omnipotence doesn't include the ability to do what is logically impossible. An "almighty god" could not make a square with three sides, for example. By definition, a square has four sides. If it had three sides it would be a triangle, almighty god or not. Could he create an "immovable object"? Not if he is an "irresistible force". The existence of one logically precludes the existence of the other.

Depends on what limitations you place upon one who would be omnipotent. If an "almighty god" has to move within the same laws of physics that we do, and did not, in fact, make those very laws, who did?

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

"Depends on what limitations you place upon one who would be omnipotent. If an "almighty god" has to move within the same laws of physics that we do, and did not, in fact, make those very laws, who did?" This is what I was wondering too, Daystar just made it clear. You know stupid foreigner with limited language skills and crappy spelling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit