My girlfriends cat is a stone-cold killer.

by Low-Key Lysmith 23 Replies latest jw friends

• kazar
    kazar

Cats are the ultimate predator. I had a bird feeder in my yard and it was merely a smorgasbord for my cat. So, I took down the feeder to reduce the birds and I limit my cat's time outdoors. (He's getting old anyway).

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Xandria,

Thanks for that link, I will check it out.

Tal and Billy,

I'm not so ignorant that I don't realize that cats are natural superpredators. I AM, however, an animal lover. I don't want to see other animals needlessly die. Our cat is well fed and cared for. I see no need for 40+ small animals to die every month because my cat wants to help "provide for the pride". I was merely asking for any advice on how to possibly curtail the senseless killing. (I'm sick of cleaning up feathers, bird poop, blood, and guts EVERY DAMN DAY!!!!!!). At the same time, I don't want to keep the cat inside either as I don't feel that it is fair to her since she has become accustomed to being outside whenever she wants. There are a lot of smart people on this board with a lot of great tips on a lot of different things. I was merely trying to see if anyone had any ideas. I don't feel that I need to "get over myself" as Tal put it.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I'm with you Low-key! That's why my kitties are indoor only. It's pretty much impossible to keep them indoors once they've had a taste of the wild side though. They would miss it terribly. I hope you can find a solution in one of the links provided. House cats can cause a great deal of damage to indigenous wildlife populations...after all, they were introduced to habitats they were never meant to be in by us crazy humans!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Perhpas the elders could be called in to share some scriptural thoughts w the kitty. Many violent kitties have been helped by considering isaiah's thoughts on lions and lambs lying down together. Yes, the spiritual paradise starts now.

S

Ps, get the kitty some straw to chew on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit