CoC or ISoCF

by TheListener 23 Replies latest jw friends

• inquirer
    inquirer

onacruse
    Far out! You are a bit critical of him, aren't you?

You are obviously on a different wave length to me!

I agree with him not wanting to be annointed! He was to throw off every last big of JW dogma! Jah will decide where he resides!

• TheListener
    TheListener

As usual I thank you all for your replies.

As some clarification. I've read both books and Gentile Times as well. I loved them and wish I could give them both to every witness I know.

I feel like my spouse might read something with me. If for no other reason to know why I'm fading and acting like a crazy person (her thoughts not mine). So if I were to say hey let's read this together. It seems that I should be holding CoC. It could also help to sell it as Ray's story not just a general critique of witnesses. That's an important point.

I could say something like: "I don't want to read a mean spirited critique of the witnesses but I do want to know Ray's side of the story. I mean he was a GB member who stepped down, got df'd and wrote some books. My curiosity is killing me. I don't want to read this on my own because I want you to know what I read and understand that we may draw different conclusions but at least there is a level of understanding. As a married couple we owe each other that much."

I love Ray's style of writing. I love the proof and backup he offers. He comes across as very loving and helpful; not mean, tyrannical or arrogant. Without Ray I wouldn't have known where to begin unplugging myself from the borg.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    So it was necessary to be absolutely clear on everything he believed!

I'm not saying what he has to say isn't worthwhile reading, it's just that he needs someone to edit what he says so that it is absolutely clear and not hard to read.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Inq, you said:

I read a post yesterday and someone lived and so-and-so location for 5 years and not once did a JW knock on the door but in other areas they won't stop knocking on the doors -- funny that!

I have been married for 23 years and only once ever had a visit from the JWs (13 years ago). My parents see the JWs in their street many times per year. That is funny!

Onacruise

You said:

Ray is trying, as best he can, to salvage the remnants (no pun intended) of his Christian theology; and his own convictions as being an "anointed" one. He's entitled to that, I suppose, as a human being. He's also very delusional in those same respects, imo. He's also near to death...mortality has a way of taking a toll on a person. May he, and his uncle, meet the Maker they have both trusted with their souls

Interesting opinion. His theology and convictons represent pretty sound Chrstianity, unless you are a JW of course.

And as for closeness to death taking its toll, he started writing his books nearly a quarter of a century ago for goodness sake, so I don't see his present age an issue. I like to think how many good people his testimony has helped, whether in a practical or spiritual way. I have little doubt about the good he has done to others, and cannot see how he could have harmed anyone. I therefore have deep respect for the man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit