Did Noahs Ark drift about aimlessly in the Great Flood?

by EliJah 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EliJah
    EliJah

No where does it mention that Noah traveled around the world in his big boat. In fact, is says that the ark was floating "High above the Earth". Also, what does Matthew mean about "just like in the days of Noah? Does this reference the recent floods like the tsunami and new orleans flood?

17 And the deluge went on for forty days upon the earth, and the waters kept increasing and began carrying the ark and it was floating high above the earth. 18 And the waters became overwhelming and kept increasing greatly upon the earth, but the ark kept going on the surface of the waters. 19 And the waters overwhelmed the earth so greatly that all the tall mountains that were under the whole heavens came to be covered. 20 Up to fifteen cubits the waters overwhelmed them and the mountains became covered.

37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

EliJah

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

More to the point, how did this torrent of flood water, which poured down for 40 days and 40 nights, somehow manage to cover mountain tops yet a tree sustained olive leaves which allowed the dove to bring them back to Noah?

• EliJah
    EliJah
    More to the point, how did this torrent of flood water, which poured down for 40 days and 40 nights, somehow manage to cover mountain tops yet a tree sustained olive leaves which allowed the dove to bring them back to Noah?

Well, this is somewhat easy. Have ever got a snag on your fishing line while realing in your line? I have gotten many snags on branches and leaves. EliJah

• defd
    defd

Elijah

if you look in context you will find what jesus meant when he said, "Just as in the days of Noah................."

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

But those are not twigs or snags which have been supposedly hit by 40 days of water. But that nontheless was a good answer, onto the next, how did Kangaroo's get to Australia?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Does this reference the recent floods like the tsunami and new orleans flood?

No.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Did Noahs Ark drift about aimlessly in the Great Flood?

No. It represented God's means for salvation. It was spirit-directed, i.e. guided by holy spirit. Not spirit inspired, which is a completely different thing, just spirit-directed.

[beginning to become frantic] Why are you opening Roget's Thesaurus? You have to believe me, directed and guided are different than inspired!!!!

Now that you see the truth...we have to arrange a committee so you won't poison the thinking of others with reality! [calls three elders]

Just kidding. Yeah, if the story happened exactly as related there was no guidance mechanism constructed.

OldSoul

• sinis
    sinis

The term "earth" in biblical times meant land. So, the flood was more than likely a local event, not global. To cover the earth in water as the Society says would mean that there is five times more water than the earth currently has. Where did it go? Plus Olive trees only live 1500 feet above sea level. The rate of run off as the bible describes (if the event was global) would be impossible. Not only that but the chance of an olive tree living at that depth would impossible as well.

• EliJah
    EliJah
    No. It represented God's means for salvation. It was spirit-directed, i.e. guided by holy spirit. Not spirit inspired, which is a completely different thing, just spirit-directed.

[beginning to become frantic] Why are you opening Roget's Thesaurus? You have to believe me, directed and guided are different than inspired!!!!

Now that you see the truth...we have to arrange a committee so you won't poison the thinking of others with reality! [calls three elders]

Just kidding. Yeah, if the story happened exactly as related there was no guidance mechanism constructed.

OldSoul

It was on top of mount ararat that the ark was constructed. Olive trees are from the region of the Middle East, and King David well guarded the produce of the tree. Therefore it seems logical that the ark might have been a method of preservation, and not meant to drift abroad the planet earth. I think the ark was some how anchored until the floods resided. What do you think?

EliJah

• defd
    defd

It was on top of mount ararat that the ark was constructed

Not trying to argue elijah but if my memory serves me correctly, It came to REST on Ararat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit