Where are the witnesses?

by gringojj 7 Replies latest jw friends

• gringojj
    gringojj

My wife and I just drove by the kingdom hall. Its is wednesday at about 12:30 in the afternoon, and there about 30 cars there! My wife says they must be out in service. But the the thing is this isnt the first time we have seen lots of cars there on a weekday. If they are out in service, where are they? I cant remember the last time I saw them out knocking door to door. My wife hasnt been out in service for over 10 years, but I know some of you have. What do they witnesses do when they go out? Do they just go to the laundromats and hospitals and drop off thier crap? I know things have changed, and most people dont even want to acknowledge them when they come to the door.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

I know a couple personally who have got wise (myself included) and put the time down on the report card, dump the mags and chill out at home. I doubt however that a whole hallfull has the same idea!

• Shania
    Shania

It is probably a afternoon bookstudy, they usually have them on Wed afternoon for the old folks. As well as September is the beginning of the service year, alot start to pioneer during this month, along with auxilary pioneers, or it could be the CO visit in that case more show up on Wed the first day in service with the CO, they have to look good you know. If they are out in service, they are usually wasting time driving around, getting coffees, gossiping, anything but making dicsiples...............take it from one who put in much time with all of the above............in the end We would place our mags in the trash, and say we placed 10 mags and put down 20 hours in field service...........just doing what everybody else dose

• 2-step
    2-step

okay so wats with the biterness if u were really active u wud know where they where and what thay were doing.and if it was such aload of crap y do u still want 2 identify under the witness umbrella?

• gringojj
    gringojj

2-Step Welcome!!!!

Who are you addressing with your post on this thread?

• Andrea Wideman
    Andrea Wideman

You are right that people have gotten smart and just don't answer the door. I dropped off a bunch at the funeral home from where my mom was buried. I used to put them in doctors' offices and public places like that. At the meetings that is something that was really getting covered the last time I went. How to place mags when people aren't home.
    I have to say though that I will be surprised if anyone these days just drives around while in service. Gas costs too much and JW's aren't encouraged to focus on careers. Which means that most of them don't have high paying jobs.

• Honesty
    Honesty

May be an afternoon Book study.

okay so wats with the biterness if u were really active u wud know where they where and what thay were doing.and if it was such aload of crap y do u still want 2 identify under the witness umbrella?

Welcome 2-step. I am more active as a witness for Jesus than I ever was as a JW 'in good standing' with multidinous 'privileges of service'. The JW religion is not a load of crap. It is very real. So real, in fact that many former JW's are now in a place that they never thought they would ever see. They died believing that 'Millions Now Living Will Never Die'. You see, they believed a man, a thief who stole Jesus' position as mediator and savior instead of Him. They believed, in error what the WTBTS had to say about Hebrews 9:27 instead of what the bible says. I believed too, at one time and for a very long time until my eyes were opened and I saw the WTBTS for what it is. Stick around, read, contemplate, pray and your eyes may be opened also.

• Tez
    Tez

I used to spend a lot of time calling on empty homes! most folk are out at work during the day now!! With JW's thinking they are so up to the mark, you would think they would push more for evening witnessing!! but do they?? No, they still encourage pioneering and auxiliary pioneering and make you feel guilty about not doing enough, but what is the point of walking up and down empty streets?? Never could understand that!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit