I am new here.........

by hallowedbethyname 27 Replies latest jw friends

• hallowedbethyname
    hallowedbethyname

Long time reader, 1st time poster.

Still in the 'borg'. Trying to disconnect from the hive. Family and many friends are still in. Not quite ready to walk away yet. Been Df'd twice before, and obviously was not a pleasant time.

Post traumatic stress disorder, and anger issues have plagued me since as has a bruised ego and a removal of nearly all self-esteem.

being called a 'dog returning to its vomit' by elders claiming to do gods will, will do that to someone.

I've been reinstated for over 2 years now........but the anger and rage is still inside.......It consumes me.

Hoping to find some peace and light at the end of this very long dub tunnel.

"our father who art in heaven...........

HALLOWEDBETHYNAME

• Legolas
    Legolas

Nice to meet you and welcome to the board!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Vomit tastes good after a while. Welcome! If this is vomit, I want some more!

Kwin

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Welcome, you've come to the right place to help with your exit.

• daystar
    daystar

Kwin - ew!

Welcome Hallowed!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome to a new day. Think of it as a blank canvas where you can paint whatever your heart wishes.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome, hallowedbethyname. I hope you find lots of help and healing here. There definitely is light at the end of the tunnel.

Cellist

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    being called a 'dog returning to its vomit' by elders claiming to do gods will

It's comforting to become fully convinced that these men do not hold any authority whatsoever over you. They are just men, and barely that. More like robots, dutifully obeying the programming handed down by the GB.

Glad you're getting free from it! Welcome!

Dave

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I hope you find happiness in your journey. JWs as a whole are not a group of happy people. Some ethnic JWs are happy, but they are in spite of the religion, not because of it. I also welcome you to the board. There are lots of fine individuals here, caring and intelligent. I wish you well. :)

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Warm Welcome to you Hallow.

Were you raised as a JW?

The wounds can run deep. Please don't get down on yourself. You are making some wise moves against a lot of pressure. Be patient and kind with yourself.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit