Has the devil given up on you?

by jt stumbler 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

For those that believe their is one, has he given up on you?

I remember being told that the reason witnesses experience difficulties in life is because the devil is concentrating his efforts on "Gods people". And that he doesn't care about the "people of the world" because he already has turned them away from "the truth". From what I've noticed from this forum, their are plenty of people who are experiencing some bad situations. Myself, I have'nt noticed any freedom from the everyday problems of life either.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

No silly, they are experiencing bad times because they don't have Jehovah's protection!

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

No silly, they are experiencing bad times because they don't have Jehovah's protection

Oh! Thaaaats right! My bad.

• trevor
    trevor

Absolutely not!

We have a deal. He promised me that if I left the Watchtower Society he would look after me and make sure that I never ran out of sins to enjoy committing. So far he has kept his word and I am happy.

It’s the god of the Bible I don’t trust. He is such a temperamental and violent fellow and a kill joy to boot. He wriggled out of the deal I set up with him through the Watchtower Society .

Better the Devil you know!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Actually I am an agent of the devil, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

LMAO @ trevor

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

One of my favorite sayings: Just because you don't believe in the devil does not mean the devil does not believe in you!

• daystar
    daystar
    We have a deal. He promised me that if I left the Watchtower Society he would look after me and make sure that I never ran out of sins to enjoy committing. So far he has kept his word and I am happy.
    It’s the god of the Bible I don’t trust. He is such a temperamental and violent fellow and a kill joy to boot. He wriggled out of the deal I set up with him through the Watchtower Society .

Sounds like the characters' attributes might be mixed up here, huh?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well ya know, its like this.

I been awatchin for that debil for a long time now. I think I got a glimps o him in the convention held in the Calif. "cows palace" but it turned into just the leftovers from a few cows.

Then I left the wbts to do their bit in the cow palace and took the road to destruction.

I kept a lookin ova my shoulders for that debil and never did see him.

It got to the point that I'as just used to his not bein around that I began to see what I thought

Must be an angel, but this only happened at the local tavern. Now I knows that angels don't hang out in taverns drinkin booze.

Then one day after a large amount a Mexican food and lots of salsa I went to bed and had these awful dreams. There I learned that if I drinks to much or eats too much salsa all sorts of debils and angels start to fightin and the rukus stinks to hi heavin.

Ain't seen a debil or an angel since.

Outoftheorg Burp!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit