1975 Article with the Train

by Aude_Sapere 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Does anyone have the link to the 1975 article with the train falling?

I can't seem to find it right now.

-Aude.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

ummmm i did a search on the CD rom, but nothing came up for 1975. could you be more specific please?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Does anyone have the link to the 1975 article with the train falling?I'd be glad to try to help. Do ya have any more information? Like what publication to look in?
    Do you need the article text or the picture? Or both?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Born JW 1957 i remember the train and the talks to go with it but i remember the abyss was the end of 1914 generation,they may have been a 1975 destination too.

All aboard! Hitch your wagon to 1914 cause your going nowhere fast.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I don't recall if it was Awake or Watchtower.

There have been a few threads on JWD that referred to the and someone has posted scans of the article here.

Dang! Wish I could remember more...

It might have been posted by Elsewhere. I'm going to look at his prior postings. But, man! there's so many of them it could take me all week...!!!

-Aude.

• garybuss
    garybuss

There are no trains at all in 1975 Watchtower reprint.

• r51785
    r51785

I don't know if this is what you are referring to but in the Oct 8, 1968 Awake! -- "Is It Later Than You Think?" there is a picture of a train racing downhill to a washed out bridge. Obviously this is symbolic of the imminent destruction of the world as prophesied by the Watchtower cultists for 1975.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Awake! October 8, 1968, p. 26-27 "We sincerely hope that you are the one who will open-mindedly consider the facts, and that your faith in God's justice and love and in the truth of his Word continues unaffected by the doubts and scoffing's of a world that blindly rushes on in a disastrous course. (2 Cor. 4:4; Matt. 15:14) This system of things is picking up speed in its downward plunge . Will you stay with it and take the consequences, or will you listen to the counsel of God's Word and abandon it? The time remaining for a decision is short . The opportunity is still before you, like the open door of the ark built by Noah before the flood, and like the open gates of Jerusalem when Rome's armies temporarily withdrew. But that door of opportunity will soon close for all time . Prompt action is vital if you would be among the happy survivors of this present system destruction. What can you do and what will it require of you?...LIKE a train about to plunge into an abyss, this system of things is about to plunge into destruction. Time is fast running out for it! If you had the right opportunity to jump from a train that was heading for certain destruction, would you not do so? True, it might cost you a severe bruising; you might leave behind some of your possessions and the people on the train, but you would save your life. What will cost you to have the hope of living through the end of this wicked system of things? What will you have to pay to gain life in God's new order?...Similarly, eternal life in God's new order will be a gift...That is the key to eternal life, the doing of God's will. All the conditions that must be met are included in that framework. So then, if you want to survive the end of this wicked world and be given the gift of eternal life in God's new system, you need to do God's will."
    We have that article scanned if you want to send me a [pm]. It shows a train speeding downward at a 45 degree angle into an opening in the earth falling into destruction. Cheers!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Same Awake article page 14

• TheListener
    TheListener

God that article pisses me off!

I hate it when I talk with fellow dubs and they just can't see (or remember if they're old enough) how 1975 was pushed. Even if some didn't fall into the trap because they were more cautious; many many did. The society was blatantly pushing 1975 and I still feel sorry the ones that went for it hook, line and sinker.

If someone says, "yes, but they didn't say it was definite" just change the dates to something current and ask them what they'd think if that was printed now. Not to mention the many DC talks and so on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit