Local JW propaganda article on Katrina aid - and my response

by EscapedLifer1 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

That is a great response to the JW propaganda machine.

70 tons of relief from JW's in 3 states is good. But... when one single church in the Knoxville area sent over 20 tons of food, water and new children's clothing initially and is working on another 20 more tons for another trailer load, boasting about sending 70 tons from JW's in 3 states is just blowing a brass trumpet.

• blondie
    blondie

Good letter, Brandon, and brave of you. You speak from a position of authority and knowledge.

Blondie

• Mary
    Mary

What an excellent letter Brandon. It just disgusts me to no end that they like to pat themselves on the back and give the impression that they and they alone are acting like "Christians" whenever a natural disaster strikes. It's sad too, because the Witnesses are well organized, and could do a great amount of good for local communities when disaster strikes-----all they'd need is a head's up from Brooklyn. It's really sad and pathetic that the WTS is so selective on doing their "charitable works", unlike what Jesus did. Where would all the victims of last years' tsunami, Hurricane Katrina and now Rita be if the Red Cross or Salvation Army were only helping a select few? The Governing Body just doesn't seem to get it. There's a lot more to being a Christian than attending meetings and banging on doors Saturday morning. Have they never heard of The Good Samaritan?

• Mackin
    Mackin

Great post Brandon.

Mackin

• Daz 181177
    Daz 181177

The whole money issue with JWs is not quite right!! they open a congregation. You are told to contribute through donations. pay money towards mags and stuff (that r surposed to be without charge).

The congregation pays its own bills, pays donations, pays money to CO and DO. helps pay for conventions.

If you need a new hall you Borrow the money from WTC which has an interest rate!!

The whole thing will never fail cause members are brain washed to go out and recruit more people to start up new congs which means more money.

I am sorry i forgot the WTC is a non proffit making organisation!! So why is it in the top 30 richest companys in New York!

sorry reaon i brought this u was that i was told that any money given through donations for the jws in desaster zones was only lent to them and they had to pay it back!!

Dont ever remember getting a refung at the kingdom hall Do you?

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Daz,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Yeah, the WTBTS operates way too much like a business, doesn't it?!?!?!?!

Brandon

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Thank you all for your kind comments, Lady Lee, Stilla, Blondie, Mary, et al..

Blondie,

Good letter, Brandon, and brave of you

Thank you, that was very kind, but I don't know about the "brave" part. In the past few years all Witness family and lifetime friends have dumped us, so there is really nothing else to lose that matters.

Thanks all,

Brandon

• sf
    sf

Hey Brandon,

I've been offline a couple days and your thread here was the first I opened.

Bravo!

I highly suggest you send it to the "letters to the editor" department, as they are required to print all letters received, provided that they are a certain amount of words.

And also, does not the Oct. 22, 2005 Awake also contain something on the evils of the media, coupled with the evils of internet chats and message boards? You could possibly include this in the letter, as it is so current.

It just amazes me how articles like this are praised and boost WT "esteem" while at the same time, in t heir own magazines and talks, are deemed "of Satans Wicked System of Things".

{{{ Warm hug }}}

sKally

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Hey sf,

Thanks.

And also, does not the Oct. 22, 2005 Awake also contain something on the evils of the media,

That's what I've heard, but I don't personally have access to a copy. Can anyone post the article in question?

It just amazes me how articles ;like this are praised and boost WT "esteem" while at the same time, in t heir own magazines and talks, are deemed "of Satans Wicked System of Things".

It seems their hypocrisy knows no bounds! paraphrase of Doc Holiday, "Tombstone".

{{{ Warm hug }}}

Back at 'ya!

Brandon

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Brandon)))) Great letter! And yes, it IS brave. But I understand about having "nothing to lose". I'm in the same shoes as you. I hope they print your letter...or at least the important excerpts of it.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit