Is't God gonna kill SOMBODY on Armadeddon?

by crankytoe 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Maybe I'm confused, but most comments on on this subject seem to suggest that people are appalled at the idea that JW's say God will kill alot of people on armageddon. Especially children. I'm wondering why is this so outlandish a concept? Didn't God kill a ton of people in the flood? What about Soddom and Gomorrah? Didn't he send an angel to kill every first born alot of them CHILDREN during that Moses situation?

Doesn't the bible (no matter which version) document several examples of God saving a small group of people, while obliterating another larger group? Did he ever make exceptions for that larger group's innocent CHILDREN?

Why is this a point of contention? Or am I missing the point?

(Heading out now to see that movie Flightplan, hope it's good, I'll check back here in a few hours)

Thanks so much,

Crank,

• kid-A
    kid-A

Crank,

I find the thought of a so-called "supreme and loving being" killing ANYBODY appalling and revolting. Hence the reason I cannot believe in an entity that is morally inferior to myself.

Murder is murder.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I find the thought of a so-called "supreme and loving being" killing ANYBODY appalling and revolting. Hence the reason I cannot believe in an entity that is morally inferior to myself.

Murder is murder.

Oh wow, this is such a good way to look at the murderous god of the Bible. Thank you, thank you. I am going to think on that one today.

• JH
    JH

God will remove those who don't follow his instructions, always did, always will.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

She He It They (S.H.I.T) already did in 1975.

What?!? You Missed It!?!

• jstalin
    jstalin

There are probably a couple of types of people here:

1. Those who scoff at the idea that god will murder everyone who's not a JW because the Watchtower is such a joke of an organization. It claims to be the sole organization on Earth that represents a direct line to and from god. This type consists generally of those who are still Christians, but not JWs.

2. Those who scoff at the idea that there's a god out there who took the trouble to create a universe infinitely large, put a small planet in it, and populate it with humans only to watch them from afar and eventually kill those who don't worship him enough. This is what I call the "ant farm" god, because it reminds me of a kid sitting at staring at unsuspecting ants in his ant farm. Those of us who are agnostic/atheist probably fall in this camp (myself included). We laugh at the idea that there will even be an Armageddon but it is so ludicrous.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

A B C A. The central core JW doctrine is Jesus second coming in 1914, is a LIE! B. Every devout JW will grow old and die just like me. C. Apostate opposer's like myself will not die at Armageddon

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

What was God's promise to Noah?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I have no problem with God killing a lot of people. In fact, I wouldn`t mind doing some secretary work for him, like writing down the hitlist. But the idea that God would kill children, is ludicrous. What kind of loving God would do something like that? Children are the future, the hope. They`ve done nothing wrong, as it is per definition impossible for a small child to do something wrong/immoral. Children are in an amoral state, the ability to distinguish between right and wrong is an ability that grows with age. I`m not exactly a christian (at least not every day, ha ha), but if there is a God, I`m sure he/she/it is a sensible, smart being, and would only kill/fry in hell, or whatever the deal is, those that deserve it, and if he/she/it exists, those stories in the OT where he kills of a lot of people, must have been exaggerated by the narrators. I assume Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin, and the governing body at the WTbts are on that hitlist. Along with a whole lot of other people. Gimme a call God, and I`ll help you fill out the rest of the list.

That is, if he/she/it is really up there.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBTS cancelled Armagedon in 1975...There was`nt a dam thing God could do about it,as the WBTS claims to be the official spokesman for GOD.....OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit