My JW wifes mother has died.

by Gordy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Hi Gordy,

I feel you have come to a sound conclusion. I agree w/you wholeheartedly about how you are treated. Why ask for more pain? Do you live with your wife? That must be very difficult. Best to you! Juni

• juni
    juni

Again - the Watchtower making our lives complicated? More like miserable. Can never DO enough or BE enough in Jehovah's eyes. I'm sure that's not what a God of Love is about. And this shunning order is just taken too far. Do you know how emotionally abusive this practice is?? SHAME ON THIS ORGANIZATION WHO SAYS IT REPRESENTS GOD!! I hope more people wake up and see it for what it is and get on w/their lives and enjoy friends and family.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

• Gordy
    Gordy

To bring things up to date. It was the funeral yesterday (Wednesday) of my mother-in-law.

On Monday the Elders decided to reverse their original decision to allow the funeral at the Kingdom Hall. Because she was an inactive JW and they couldn't allow the "privilege" of it being in the KH.

This meant that the family had to rush round trying to find somewhere else. They ended up holding it in a community hall.

One of my daughters who went came to visit me in the evening. She was really annoyed over it. What made her even more annoyed was that the Elder who gave the funeral talk. Went on about how the M-I-L was a believer in a Paradise earth and the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses for many years even before she was baptised.

What annoyed my daughter was that on one hand they say what a good JW the M-I-L was in front of everyone, but privately she wasn't good enough to have a funeral in the Kingdom Hall. It was so hypocritical.

It was another example of how little they regard peoples feelings at such a time. They are so concerned about keeping to their rules and regulations, just like the Pharisees. They "strain the gnat, but gulp down the camel" they refuse the use of the KH because someone is "inactive" but would allow say a child molester to continue to associate with the congregation.

I sometimes wonder if they know anything about love and compassion.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    On Monday the Elders decided to reverse their original decision to allow the funeral at the Kingdom Hall. Because she was an inactive JW and they couldn't allow the "privilege" of it being in the KH.

They really know how to treat people in their time of need, don't they?

I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss and the mess the cultishness made of the aftermath.

I have recently lost my MIL & FIL, both Anglicans. The funerals were a breath of fresh air compared to the JW funerals I have attended.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit