How to brainwash only part of your brain.

by Ingenuous 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Perry, My comments above were rhetorically posed as those every man must ask. They are as true for me as you. Your questions on the other thread required no response. The articles that were linked largely answered them. Some of the details about the various processes of fossilization can be found with a simple google. If you wanted to learn you would have at least spent a few minutes doing that before offering the loaded definition that is not shared by any paleontologist.

And btw frogs don't have wombs. But it was a funny article.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

SeymoreButts, is that picture in your avatar from the first Down-album?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Back to the question....

I think my JW hubby is incapable of encapsulation. When he tries to hold two conflicting thoughts at the same time, he becomes extremely agitated. Also, when talking about his beliefs, he can't "tone down" his comments for an "outsider" audience. He believes what he believes because he believes it.

I think his JW "friends" are ashamed of him and don't know quite what to do with him.

• Perry
    Perry
    Geez Perry....talk about Christian arrogance!

Seymore,

Am I arrogant because I said PP was an enemy of God? What difference does it make that if a consequence of his deception he was an enemy of a court, or of a code of ethics, or of karma?

You really need to take that mirror you hold up for others and look into it yourself

Excellent advice Seymore. I have done that and saw the same sinner that peaceful pete is... an enemy of God. Since no one is judged at this time, it is an excellent opportunity for all to make their peace with God.

Perry, My comments above were rhetorically posed as those every man must ask

peacefulpete,

Your argument seems to be that since the Christian will also eventually come to the end of his logic, that fact justifies the deceptions you employed on the dinosaur thread when you come to the end of yours. You have miscalculated.

When the secularist comes to the end of his logic, there is only fear and sometimes a breakthrough into deception as he at times gets backed into that gulf of uncertainty.

When the Christian comes to the end of his logic, there (should be) only trust and sometimes a breakthrough into oneness with God as he carries him over that same gulf of uncertainty.

You are a far cry from that man who moved "where the need is great". Eventually you found only deception as the Watchtower came to the end of their logic. You have become that which you came to detest as does eventually every man apart from God, IMO. That is the nature of the progression of sin.

My testimony to you is that there is a way out of this mess. And that path leads not to deception but to relationship.... a much healthier and happier destination.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

You are a far cry from that man who moved "where the need is great". Eventually you found only deception as the Watchtower came to the end of their logic. You have become that which you came to detest as does eventually every man apart from God, IMO. That is the nature of the progression of sin.

My testimony to you is that there is a way out of this mess. And that path leads not to deception but to relationship.... a much healthier and happier destination.

I have found my way out of the mess you are yet embroiled in Perry. And as for my decent into sin, I live more honestly and peacefully now then when I repressed the facts of science in my own mind and semiconsciously spun the truth for those I wanted to convert. If Hell is full of people like me, I can't wait. I can also see why you fear it.

• Perry
    Perry

You are consciously happy with your beliefs? Fine. Just maybe your personal code of ethics will allow you to allow others to be happy with theirs; and when you do engage, do it more fairly without the old JW triggers.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Please provide an example of my engaging 'unfairly' in any of the above discussion or the trex one in which you claim I used deception.. Otherwise please refrain from making slanderous accusations.

• Perry
    Perry

As you well know the examples are on that thread. Respond there if you'd like.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts
    Am I arrogant because I said PP was an enemy of God? What difference does it make that if a consequence of his deception he was an enemy of a court, or of a code of ethics, or of karma?

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize that your god was the one true god. Of course, we all know that you are far too intelligent to ever be deceived by some sort of mythical belief...........again. Arrogance comes from the assertation that YOUR beliefs are true and those of everyone else are somehow spawned by the devil. It's kind of tough to be an enemy of something which does not exist, except in ones mind.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts
    SeymoreButts, is that picture in your avatar from the first Down-album?

I have no idea who it is. I found it on a website while looking for avatars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit