QUESTION ABOUT LITERATURE HAND OUTS AT HALL

by juni 5 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

I would really appreciate help with this question. A friend said that he noticed that they are stingy about handing out literature (also tracts) at the literature counter. Would only give out 4/5 tracts to a sister who has MS for her at home witnessing work.

Is this something new? Or is this a local situation? Who else has heard of this situation or dealt w/it personally?

Thanks for all of your answers. Juni Breeze~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Legolas
    Legolas

No I have heard that being said standing at the counter before! I think they said something about more money, how the hall wasn't giving enough for the amount of stuff that was going out!...I am not joking either! Which is bullshit at my old hall which was PAID for years ago and they were still sending the same amount to the socity each month as an interest free loan!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Not heard or experienced this myself. My hall has a wall-hanging tract display, no issue on how many I take. Magazines are provided as you request in advance and books are not held back, although the stock is usually pretty low on non-promo items.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Cost Containment?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yes, they used to ration out the tracts in my hall. Only pioneers™ could get more than 5 at a time. And we were told to avoid giving them out indiscriminately. They were valuable, and should be given only to "right-hearted ones".

W

• blondie
    blondie

Give away your old magazines or canvas the congregation to see who has piles in their closets.

I used to be told to "give away" tracts rather than valuable magazines.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit