How to Think Like a Fundy: 101

by tetrapod.sapien 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey hoob,

i hope you read this part. although, you already have it remarkably down-pat!:

Compartmentalisation

In this world, what you know to be true often conflicts with the reality around you. To be a soldier for Christ it will help enormously if you can master the technique of mental compartmentalisation. This means you must be able to keep your scriptural knowledge away from the secular knowledge that allows you to function in wordly matters, e.g. at your place of work. For example, even though science is clearly mistaken about the processes involved in radioactive decay (see the "carbon dating" example above), if you worked at a nuclear power plant it would be necessary to assume the opposite was true - otherwise it would be impossible to build nuclear reactors. Likewise, a good fundy astronomer knows that the correct date of the universe is about 10,000 years at most, but must be able to examine galaxies millions of light-years away and explain them according to the secular model of cosmology. Being able to hold two (or more) sets of mutually exclusive thoughts at once is extremely beneficial to the up-and-coming fundy on the internet.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the evil atheists have spent much, much time and energy scrubing the water marks off of them danged pyramids!

• Caedes
    Caedes

I particularly enjoyed "Logic and reason These are the playthings of the unbeliever, and you should have no truck with them."

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

:Being able to hold two (or more) sets of mutually exclusive thoughts at once is extremely beneficial to the up-and-coming fundy on the internet. lmao. luv it. SPAZ

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Lilycurly

Hehe, strange that...

tetra

Hey, you got to hand it to those Egyptians. They knew how to build. That there pyramid withstood a GLOBAL flood, without any damage! I do hope they take the obvious waterproof and floodproof properties of pyramids into account when they rebuild New Orleans.

hooberus

However, as (I have pointed out to you before) your generation of false accusations against myself has caused me to generally discontinue taking (wasting) the time to spend on researching items for you (someone who despite what is presented most likely will simply respond with the same established pattern of generating accusations).

False accusations? What, like you use evidence from disreputable websites like AIG, which I have shown you on more than one occasion to have articles which display bad science and selective presentation of data? Please, let me know some other false accusations I had made against you. I suspect you are just using that as a big fat excuse as you cannot credibly refute the evidence I have posted, but rather than admitting this you pretend there is some point of principle involved. Go on, show me where I have accused you of something I did not provide evidence for.

I mean,. let the reader use discernment, eh? Does anyone seriously think you would fail to post a credible refutation of the dendrochronological and archaeological evidnece that indicates the Bible is not an inerrant literal description of events, if you could? Anytime you come across anything you think 'gives evolution one in the eye', you post it!

Did Jesus say "You are wrong Satan, but as you've been mean to me I won't prove you are wrong... whaaaah! Want my blankie!!!!?" I don't think so.

Your excuse is unconvincing, even if you've convinced yourself. And if further underlines (by your unremiting conformity to the list posted by tetra) the way fundamentalists think in order to 'maitain' their belief structure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit