Attention Fellow (or former) Ayn Rand nerds: I need a quote

by Check_Your_Premises 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

My paraphrase for it is, "any time you experience pain, it is because there is something about the world you didn't understand"

Does anyone have the source, or exact quote?

Thanks,

Check_Your_Premises

"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong."

Ayn Rand

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Ah, yes Ayn Rand reader. I don't read her stuff but they got a lot of scholarship offers based on doing book reports on her novels. I was going to do Atlas Shrugged till I went to go pick it up at the library and realized the damn book must have more pages then the bible and a dictionary combined! I don't believe in reading anything that I can't fit in my book bag. That's what they got cliff notes for. Good luck on finding your ansewr.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Have they started printing Cliff Notes for any of the WT publications?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yes...they're called "tracts"...

u/d

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Am I getting warm?

"Since life requires a specific course of action, any other course will destroy it. A being who does not hold his own life as the motive and goal of his actions, is acting on the motive and standard of death. Such a being is a metaphysical monstrosity, struggling to oppose, negate, and contradict the fact of his own existence, running blindly amuck on a trail of destruction, capable of nothing but pain."

--from John Galt's oath in Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

god, she gives me goosebumps. just love those quotes...

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Ha ha. funny guys about the tracts!

• jstalin
    jstalin

Atlas Shrugged was a life-changing book for me. The Cliffs Notes are junk. Read the real thing. Take it a little at a time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit