Great Multitude and Heaven (scans needed)

by golden age 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• golden age
    golden age

Today in the wt literature, it is very clear that most people will stay on earth and the the 144k will go to heaven, but in review of the older literature it is very difficult to understand exactly what they believed. They had 4 classes the 144k who would go to heaven, a great company who would also be a heavenly class, but they also had two earthly classes. Who were part of these earthly classes? Were they people of other churches? Does any one have any references and or info.

Apperently through the history in 1935 rutherford changed the calling of the great crowd to an earthly hope. Does any one have a scan of a watchtower article explaining that they used to think they went to heaven now new light has changed thi

Are there any scans showing something like ===join our orginization and you will go to heaven=== from the old literature (like today they have hundreds of pamphlets and mags saying --join and you will live on earth forever---)

I have had difficulty coming up with info and scans regarding this, all help appreciated, thanks.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The Finished Mystery Book, page 134 says:

Instead of teaching that the saved of our race will all be saved to the same thing, the Scriptures show two degrees or kinds of Heavenly salvation, and two degrees or kinds of earthly salvation. In the second chapter of Genesis the stream which went forth from the Garden of Eden was divided into four parts. This is a Scriptural recognition of the fact that from Adam, the original fountain of life, will flow four streams: The Little Flock, who are to sit down with Christ in His Throne; the Great Company, who are to stand before the Throne, having the palms of martyrdom but without the crowns of glory; the Ancient Worthies, the Jewish fathers, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Daniel, etc., who are to be made princes in all the earth; and the world of mankind, who will constitute the subjects of the Kingdom over which the Ancient Worthies will rule. The same lesson is taught in the division of the Levites into four camps, each located on a different side of the Tabernacle. (Num. 3:15; F128. 129.) It is also taught in the Apostle's statement in 2 Tim. 2:20, that in God's great House there will ultimately be found four classes of vessels to His praise.

• golden age
    golden age

I See what you are saying about the 4 classes. But that still does not make it clear that the wt said prior to 1935 that all of their members would go to heaven. In the book Millions now living never die, they basically are telling people to look foreward to living a life on earth in paradise which was supposed to be in 1925. Therefore they were telling there members they had an earthly hope. Does anyone have any info on this.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I'm not sure your take on Millions is completely accurate. The WTS taught that heaven was the goal for the 144,000 and the great multitude. I can provide some quotes from Millions soon when my copy arrives. I also have many 1930-1935 publications that track the developement of the current Great Crowd doctrine. I'll throw some quotes in a post from these too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit