Could you go to another religion?

by ButtLight 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've attended weddings, funerals and other events at different churches, but I could never join any other religious organization.

I've been so deeply indoctrinated by the WBTS that I couldn't fathom remotely the idea of believing in such things as life after death, going to heaven, a burning hell, baptism of infants, etc., etc., etc.

Can't. Just can't.

DY

• damselfly
    damselfly

Um...no thanks.

I went to the Easter mass with my boyfriend's family. I was fine with the up down, up down ( a step behind everyone else but what else in new? ha ha! ) but then I zoned out until I realized that a huge line and formed and was heading towards the front. I panicked just a wee bit and blurted out "What are we doing now!?" I made the pews around me laugh and was assured that I could just stay where I was.

Thank goodness it was over after that!

Dams

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

OMG thats funny defd. I would never have known!

Maybe as time goes on I wont feel that funny about it, but I wont attend for any other reason than a wedding.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Defd, makes sense now why you are a more well adjusted dub, the ones that were raised dub are usually not as normal as you in regards to education, saving, working etc.

• defd
    defd

Thats good to hear buttlight

• kid-A
    kid-A

sometimes I feel like Darth Vader in that final scene from the Empire Strikes back:

"No def'd........I am your father!!! Join the dark side!!!"

• defd
    defd

NEVER....................................................................You wont take me alive

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Defd, makes sense now why you are a more well adjusted dub

yeah he is isnt he?

Can you imagine going to like a holy roller church and they start speaking in tongues? Yikes!

• defd
    defd

I would run out afraid. Actually before I became a witness i did visit with a friend a penecastol church. WOW! That was scary.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I definetly plan on being more spiritual than religious Stillawitness, that's how I feel too...

At first it's hard to see the difference between the two, but I feel that worshiping God on your own, without an organized religion, is harder to do and requires more faith and persistence. So no, I will not, and could not, ever join another religion. When men get invovled, they come between you and God..... and that is a personal relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit