How can we know there is a God?

by defd 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The Creator then is also responsible for creating all the natural evils like diseases and parasites. Feel the love.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Hi Def'd , it's nice to see you still on the board.

I dislike the watchmaker arguement but, to each their own.

My question is Who made God? and if he has no beginning and no end and no maker himself, then why do people feel the need to say that the earth and its inhabitants need a maker? If God doesn't have a maker then why do we?

Dams

• defd
    defd

Dams

I cannot answer that one.

• onacruse
    onacruse

defd:

My understanding God speaks to us THROUGH his son Jesus...

What happened? Did God lose the ability of personal speech? Perhaps He's been captured by the gravitational field of the Pleiades.

and in turn he speaks to us through the pages of the bible.

Not one word of the Bible was written by Jesus...odd way to communicate.

That is all we get.

Now, that you got right.

I hope and just maybe God will make an exception for you.

All the evidence of human history is that I will have to die before God makes an exception for me...and even that is not an exception.

But when that "exception" occurs, I'll be glad to communicate the results to you.

In the meantime, you and I and everyone else will just have to satisfy ourselves with God's Rule: "Silence is golden."

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I was always curious why god stoped talking to men. I never knew the answer to that.

• anewme
    anewme

Reading portions of the Creation Book reminds me of the very first book I read that opened my eyes to the truth about a creator...."Did Man Get Here By Means of Evolution or Creation?" 1972

I forgot that is why I began to study after reading this book in one night!

Thankyou Dfd! The reasoning still is delicious dark chocolate to my soul!

• bennyk
    bennyk

What I find fascinating about defd's recent posts is that he admits that he believes God speaks to us thru His Son and thru the Bible with nary a claim of His speaking to us thru a Brooklyn-based publishing company. Defd, you're making terrific progress!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus
    The Creator then is also responsible for creating all the natural evils like diseases and parasites.

That's sorta what I was trying to get across when I posted those four scriptures up there. The Bible even says God is responsible for wickedness and suffering. It covers all bases. That's partly how JWs and Catholics get their "wait on Jehovah" or "put your trust in the Lord" crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit