U can leave the truth but the truth cant leave U

by skeptical 1 17 Replies latest jw friends

• skeptical 1
    skeptical 1

Forgive my brutal honesty but thats my take on this site so far. Thats not to say that it serves no useful purpose. But it does seem that many of you are totally consumed with proving to yourself and others that jw's don't have the truth. In itself, the fact that you deem this issue worthy of so much of your time, perhaps your even a slave to it, demonstrates that you believe they must have something. Is that something the truth? What do you really believe? I'd like to know!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

ah believes the bible is the innerant word of God! i believes dat some folks lets it go in one ear an'out da utha!

i believe dat all dem peoples dat don't believe on the bible are gonna die. cuz da bible says so. I believe the bible says "so".

I believe dat Jehoma Williams'es has good hearts an bad doin's! day doin's ehvil!

ah fergives yur brutal honesty. Yous only sayin' what yous noes, an yous dont' knows nuthin'.

ah believes dat there was a big floods, an we all kin afta dat! Ah believes dat happen not so long agoes.

I believe that you should put a woman on a pedestal. Just high enough that you can see up her dress.

I believe that BoozeRunner should take his hands off of my woman.

• individuals wife
    individuals wife
    But it does seem that many of you are totally consumed with proving to yourself and others that jw's don't have the truth.

I do not come here to prove to myself or others that JWs dont have the truth, I have all the proof I need, this board serves as a reinforcement. It strengthens my resolve never to return to the ranks of hypocrisy and predjudice.

the fact that you deem this issue worthy of so much of your time, perhaps your even a slave to it,

A slave? To this site? No, the amount of time I spend here is minimal compared to the hours and hours and hours I spent in the khall and pioneering. I consider many on this site to be my friends and what is wrong with wanting to spend time discussing things you have in common with your friends. Don't forget that maybe some of the people who post here may have nobody else outside of the organisation that they can talk to about these things. We can empathise with them.

Is that something the truth?

Do I believe the JWs have the truth? No, I do not. For so many reasons that would take me too long to list. If God were to have one sole organisation on the earth to represent him I do not believe for one that it would base its whole belief system around fear, the fear of being destroyed, what sort of motivation is that? Worship me and do as I say or you will go up in a puff of smoke? Is that was the Jesus of the bible taught? I dont think so. I do not think his organisation would encourage the harbouring of child molestors, the shunning of former members (what sort of encouragement is that for them to come back?!), the constant demands for money or the lengths that are gone to in wriggling out of paying tax.

What do you really believe?

I believe this site serves a very useful purpose, it brings together people from all over the world, people who would never otherwise get a chance to meet up. Ideas can be exchanged, experiences can be shared and spirits can be lifted. I see it very much as a therapy, a place to come where you will be understood and be listened to. A place where you can ask questions and be given straight answers. A place where you can start getting your life back in order. I'm glad to be here.

• terraly
    terraly
    In itself, the fact that you deem this issue worthy of so much of your time, perhaps your even a slave to it, demonstrates that you believe they must have something.

Not really. If you take a look through the Personal Experience forum I think you will find lots of good examples of why many of us are here- the Watchtower organization hurts people and can have a very detrimental effect upon their lives. We fight here for that reason.

Did those who opposed dangerous regimes all across the world think that these regimes had something? Most likely not, but they saw the danger, and evil, and they advocated against it. As one great example see
    http://www.rawa.org/
    An organization that seeks to expose what Taliban in Afganistan does to women. Does this mean the women who run the site think that the Taliban is correct? Of course not.

Naturally, a first step to freeing people from the Watchtower is to expose them to the lies and duplicity of the organization and it's dogma. Thus, we argue about it and present articles about it. Are our arguments convincing? Is our reasoning good? Are our charges valid? Read, and think about it. Don't just dismiss it out of hand.

• outcast
    outcast

You can leave the Organization but the truth can't leave you.
    That's what you meant to say, right?

You can not slave for two masters.

Make the truth your own.

The truth will set you free.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

SixOfNine

I believe that BoozeRunner should take his hands off of my woman.

Do Halle Berry be yo woman?

Boozy

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello S1, welcome,

As a Christian I believe the TRUTH is unchangable. Jesus Christ and God's Word are TRUTH to me. The WTS does NOT have exclusive use of or control over God or Christ, as they claim in so many words. So, INHO, leaving the WTS CANNOT be construed as leaving the TRUTH.

It is true that people who leave the WTS are in some cases leaving somthing the once may have believed in, this may be God and Jesus, and so are invariably leaving a part of themselves. This is very sad. People need more than human emotions to live on, we need faith and hope. Like Jesus said,

"People need more than bread for their life;
    they must feed on every word of God."

Matthew 4:3b NLT

The societies rules and doctrines may stick with those who leave to different degrees but I would not constru those things as TRUTH. For me at least, only what God and Jesus teaches through God's word can be construed as truth. Just my opinion and thanks for posting.

CornerStone

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I believe so, yes.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Are you saying then that those still in ARE slaves to it? :) Interesting. Because that we would agree with. However, people who have been raped, people who have loved ones killed by drunk drivers, people who have opposed oppressive governments and want to see CHANGE so that no one else suffers as they have, are not slaves. In fact, they are to be commended for not walking away and turning their backs on those still suffering. This wasnt a knitting club I decided to leave in order to pursue yoga...this is a family destroying, life destroying, faith destroying cult...and I and, I feel, the great majority of us on here, aim to see it come down.

If in your smugness you construe that as belief that we think they might in fact HAVE something we still want, then perhaps you think the Jews would like the ovens reconstructed from the Holocaust just for old times sake, and because they think Hitler "had something" as well.

People get together and talk about the things they have in common, and in this case its FREEDOM. Perhaps your presence here indicates that you think WE have something?

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

The Watchtower organization itself has proven that it is not the purveyor of truth. It is condemned by it's own writings and publications. It has a written record of lies, false prophecies and teaching changes that shift direction like the wind.

Most of us "exJW's" here are puzzeled that we were fooled for as long as we were by the brute force of the societies groupthink.

Yesterday, someone who posted here advised a newly excommunicated person posting here to, cheer up, there is a wonderful big world out there waiting for you. (or something close to those words) How true that is. There exists an untapped universe of thoughts, philosophies and ideas outside of the organization that will enrich and provide growth to those fortunate enough to throw off the mental chains of the Watchtower Society.

I sincerely hope that you too can experience that breathtaking freedom of thought and action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit