Hello...I'm sort of new!

by calico 41 Replies latest jw friends

• calico
    calico

Hello! I have posted a couple of times, so I guess I should introduce myself. I don't want to give out too many details as I am baptized and have not decided what I want to do. I've been fading for awhile--no one in my cong. has shown any interest in me--I hope it stays that way--but I doubt it!

I've seen a lot of crap go on over the years and some of it is in my family--it's amazing what some get away with. I cannot believe that the brothers have Jehovah's backing--no way! Reading the Silentlambs website is what really got me to thinking. I have also read COC--what a book!

Even thought I am a talker, it seems hard to type about what I feel. Maybe as time goes on it will be easier! I look forward to getting to know all of you!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Welcome calico!!! Just post little by little, and it becomes easier. HL

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome calico.

Getting past the initial shock that the organization is not the exclusive mouthpiece of God takes time.

My first clues were powerful indications that no true brotherly love dwells there. Then I became aware of the ethical issues and then doctrinal ones.

We are here to help you thru the process. It took me two years to come to full realization. You will get there.

Let us help where we can.

Jeff

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((((Welcome to the board))))))

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Welcome! Good luck and godspeed in your recovery from JWism. :)

• damselfly
    damselfly

Hello and welcome Calico.

I started off a bit slow as well and then BAM! you couldn't shut me up. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Dams

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Welcome Calico, I started out kind of reserved too. I think once you feel more comfortable you will be able to share more of your thoughts here. I hope so anyway, we're glad to have you here!

• lola28
    lola28

Hey nice to meet you!!!!

Feel free to post we don't bite (anymore) and those that do have all their shots.

lola

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Hey,

I'm in your boat, still in an wondering how to get out.

I don't post often but read everyday. I look for Newbie's and enjoy all their comments and how they came to the realization that we have all been sold down the river.

Welcome

by the way, what did you think about this weeks Watchtower, some how I made it through without letting out a loud sigh. LOL

Take care and I will look for your future comments.

OC

• calico
    calico

OC--I have not been going to the meetings, so I can't comment on the WT Study. I was forcing myself to go for a while but it was very hard not to speak my mind! So instead of getting in trouble--I've been keeping a low profile and a smile on my face when I see anyone from the cong.!

I do remember sighing loudly a few times and wanting to scream and run out the door!

Thanks for all the friendly messages--it's the most attention I've had in a long time! My head might explode!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit