Do you ever get Kingdom Melodies stuck in your head?

by Bstndance 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

It has been over 8 years since I have been in a hall. Yet once in a while when I'm doing menial tasks I start to hum a kingdom melody. AAAHH!!! I soon as I notice I stop immediately. Does any one else have the same problem?

• Scully
    Scully

Sometimes. But I start singing Christmas songs and that makes it go away.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

All those years of "devil music" has chased out any remnant of Kingdom Melodies from my mind. Does any one remember the song book before it was called Kingdom Melodies?

• kid-A
    kid-A

They resurface every now and then like acid reflux. I do remember the old song book, I think it was pink. I also remember when they actually had a live orchestra at our district assemblies at the norval assembly hall in ontario. My cousin played clarinet! LOL

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Unfortunately yes I do sometimes. But recently I found an ad that is also online that helps erase them VERY quickly... check this out... http://www.bigad.com.au/

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Kid-A, thats good, "acid reflux". LOL. Yeah I think your right about the old pink song book. Just too funny!

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    Unfortunately yes I do sometimes. But recently I found an ad that is also online that helps erase them VERY quickly... check this out... http://www.bigad.com.au/

WOW! that was a big goddam ad! i want whatever beer that was

bethel

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

No, however sometimes I piss Mrs Kwin off by humming them and getting them stuck in her head.

Maybe some time, I'll post the clip of me singing at the last meeting I went to, the one for my un-DF'ing. I was BELTING it out! They must think I'm crazy!

Kwin

• kid-A
    kid-A

Darth,

I think it was pink and it was called something like "sing praises to jehovah" or something like that, I think they changed the name. Most of the original composers went on to have brilliant careers at Muzak (TM)

• horrible life
    horrible life

The last song in the pink songbook, I think it was #119. It always made my mom cry. So when they would announce that song to be sung, all of us kids used to roll our eyes, and watch mom. I think it was something about the new world, no more crying etc.......

I have been known to hum From House to House From Door to Door HL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit