Are there any old songs that you "love", but too ashamed to admit

by JH 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Great Job JH- I remember getting the tar knocked out of me when I was little because of singing it.

I had no idea what was the song was talking about.

Still love it, still sing it. But only by myself and definitely not anywhere but the shower. My kids love to tease me bout singing in the shower. Somehow, in the process of getting clean, I think I have a voice. (I also forget that others can hear)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "I am woman!" JK, I hate that song.

I love that song. My mom used to have a sub to Ms. magazine and I thought her sister, who was a swingin' stewerdess for Delta, were so liberated. When I hear the song, it makes me remember them and the solidarity I felt with them. I was 12 or 13 when the song came out. As an adult, the lyrics mean a lot more to me, especially after having been under the thumb of the male population of Jehovah's Witnesses.

When I had to drive down to Georgia to get my belongings, after my divorce from a JW, I played that song over and over for strength. Great song in my opinion.

God, there are so many songs. I'll have to think on this one.

• avishai
    avishai

FHN, that was one of my elder dad's favorite songs and he just played it out. I'm glad it empowered you as it did so many others of the early seveties. At that time the song that empowered me was the "Batman" theme becasue I was five.

• talesin
    talesin

I still love Michael Jackson's album Thriller.

It's odd, I can't watch Woody Allen anymore. I tried to watch one of his newer movies last week, one that came out since he eloped with his daughter, but looking at the man makes me sick.

Maybe it's because it's music? And I don't have to actually look at Michael? I dunno.

tal

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

*****Big Dog hides all of his Archies and Partridge Family albums******

Nope, nothing here.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Garth Brooks Unanswered Prayers. I first heard it after my divorce. With my ex-husband, I prayed for a baby. I thought he would stop hitting me, if I was pregnant, or had a baby.

Was it Luck or Unanswered Prayers? I don't know, but I am grateful!!!! HL

• lawrence
    lawrence

Walking the dog this morning at 6:30 I started singing 'Love Hangover' (Diana Ross). Never thought I would admit to that...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Lawrence, everytime you open your mouth, I find another reason to like you.

*****Big Dog hides all of his Archies and Partridge Family albums******

I love both. I used to watch Archies and The Monkees when they were brand new on TV. When I was 11, our recital ballet/modern dance was done to Sugar, Sugar. Partridge Family music is happy music. It all makes me smile and feel like a kid again. For that reason, I liked Hanson. They reminded me of PF.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Songs I love but am ashamed to admit it ? Nope! I freely admit to listening to everything from America to Alice Cooper to Jethro Tull to the Beatles.

Mark

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Stairway to Heaven is a great song. Why are you ashamed to admit it ?

Mark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit