Young People Ask... should i attend secondary school?

by in a new york bethel minute 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

Young People ask…
    Should I attend Secondary School?

Many youths have often pondered over whether or not they should attend some form of “high” school. Firstly, what is

secondary school, and is it really for everyone?

Reasoning from the scriptures (published by Jehovah’s Witnesses) defines high school as “A form of unnecessary education

promulgated by Governments that Jehovah hates and is going to destroy.” There are many things to be learned at school, some

of which are taught in high school. But are these things really necessary? Some weaker ones would say yes. Others value the

spiritual aspect of life and appreciate the long-term benefits of the deep truths taught only by the faithful and discreet

slave class. (Matt 24:45)

Young Malikifukusa* is but 15 years old. It has been enjoying pioneering for 2 and a half years. But how can something at

such a young age have such a fine record of service in Jehovah’s brilliant organization TM and still have time for school

work, minimal recreation time and the normal pressures and pleasures of an adolescent? “I don’t”, says Mali. Yes, isn’t it

encouraging to note that an individual doesn’t have time for stuff and yet does a lot of service? Mali the youth has had to

make many adjustments in its life to be able to have the time to pioneer. One major decision Mali has made (with the

approval of its parents and the local elders) was to limit its education (and in turn, its association with worldly

badlings) to a mere 9 years. It began pioneering before its 13th birthday (it certainly did not accept gifts or ask for any

beheadings).

Says Malikifukusa further of its situation, “Jesus Christ assured us that our work would be difficult. Since Jesus died and

went to heaven in 1914, the yoke of his oppressive rule has been heavy and burdensome. But it is not without results. I have

made many placements and return visits with interested ones in my territory. I am praying to Jehovah through the Society TM

that I will one day have a study.” (Matt. 28:19, 20)
    Wow!

Another youth had this to say about the pressures from the worldly children in her class to attend post-elementary school:

“All the children are so excited about attending high school and having lockers and dating and smoking and doing drugs and

learning valuable skills which can be used in order to enter into the work force. At times it is tempting to wish I was

fortunate enough to not be a witness and do normal things. But then I reassure myself that they are as good as dead. And

since the dead are conscious of nothing at all, these children can’t learn anything or do anything or even see me. So why

are they talking to me?” (Eccl. 9:5, 10)
    Cool!

It is ultimately up to each Christian’s bible-trained conscience as to whether or not they will attend post-elementary

school. Young ones, if you have believing parents, you can gain much from their spiritual experience. Keep the lines of

communication open about your feelings and sins and desires for worldly knowledge. Do not be tempted to talk to any

unbelievers about the situation, for they know less than you and do not appreciate the spiritual gems distributed by the

Governing Body which can later be pawned for everlasting life. And parents, do not be shy to use the rod of discipline. It

is your gift and duty from Jehovah to beat your kids when they are out of line.

With the end coming so quickly and soonly, one must but wonder why anyone would do anything but preach. Eating is necessary.

Going to the bathroom is not. It is time that could be spent in the door to door literature distribution work (Matt. 24:14).

Pioneering is a fine choice and leads to blessings. High school is pretty stupid if you ask me. And you did.

*some of the names have been changed

• robhic
    robhic
    Another youth had this to say about the pressures from the worldly children in her class to attend post-elementary school:

“All the children are so excited about attending high school and having lockers and dating and smoking and doing drugs and

learning valuable skills which can be used in order to enter into the work force. At times it is tempting to wish I was

fortunate enough to not be a witness and do normal things .

Say what? Going to high school to do drugs, date, smoke and ... have a locker? This is a magnificent example of bullshit.

And they publish this tripe with a straight face? Jeez...

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Eating is necessary. Going to the bathroom is not. It is time that could be spent in the door to door literature distribution work (Matt. 24:14).

LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

At times it is tempting to wish I was

fortunate enough to not be a witness and do normal things. But then I reassure myself that they are as good as dead. And

since the dead are conscious of nothing at all, these children can’t learn anything or do anything or even see me. So why

are they talking to me?” (Eccl. 9:5, 10)

ROFL!!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

LoL. They should take it one step further:

Young People ask…

Should I attend Kindergarden?

Many youths have often pondered over whether or not they should attend the form of “high” school referred to as "Kindergarden". Firstly, what is

Kindergarden, and is it really for everyone?

Reasoning from the scriptures (published by Jehovah’s Witnesses) defines "Kindergarden" as “A form of unnecessary education

promulgated by Governments that Jehovah hates and is going to destroy.” It is important to remember that it is in Kindergarden many youths hear their first four-letter-word. How does Jehovah look upon such words? Well, in Isiah 14-3, God states clearly to Abraham that "thou shalleth not say fuck, for it is an abomination, and..." bla bla bla,

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

just as a post-preface (???), i want everyone to know that i wrote this. this is not a real article. it's a joke to show how stupid their reasonings can be...

bethel

• kid-A
    kid-A

Im just waiting for that fateful day when the witnesses start establishing their own "charter" schools, much like the 'madrassas' in pakistan....they could raise their own taliban! LOL

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

HILARIOUS Bethel!!! Good work... Have you any more?

• gaybeat
    gaybeat
    “All the children are so excited about attending high school and having lockers and dating and smoking and doing drugs and learning valuable skills which can be used in order to enter into the work force. At times it is tempting to wish I was fortunate enough to not be a witness and do normal things. But then I reassure myself that they are as good as dead. And since the dead are conscious of nothing at all, these children can’t learn anything or do anything or even see me. So why are they talking to me?”

Lol if this girl existed in real life, i'd have to tell her to see a psychiatrist.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Young people ask, is being a dub really a good alternative to a frontal labotomy? Absolutely, and you can avoid all those costly hospital bills.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Satire is saying something absurd in comparison to the material being satirized. This is indistinguishable from the source material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit