Scan needed 26 Sept 1945 Consolation

by Black Sheep 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I would really like to get my hands on a scan of this page.

Quotes might like to see it too.

I Googled the Quotes website and couldn't find it.

"Propagandists think the people have short memories. It is their intention to erase past history, presenting themselves in the modern disguise of benefactors, their incriminating record being covered up.

Thanks in advance

Chris

• Black Sheep
  • under74
    under74

mmmmm....don't know...where did you get the quote from?

• Black Sheep
  • talesin
    talesin

Is this a hardcover book or a tract/booklet? Sorry for the ignorance ... I have a large selection of the booklets here ...

My dad has most of the pubs from that time,,, I will see if it is in his collection when I visit them this week and try to sneak it away.

(shhh!)

tal

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It seems like much of what is in the University of Arizona essay has been lifted from the Awake! 1995 8/22 titled "The Evils of Nazism Exposed."

The Consolation excerpt is from that Awake article.

Good job in bringing that to our attention, Black Sheep.

• blondie
    blondie

*** g95 8/22 p. 12 The Evils of Nazism Exposed ***

Efforts

to Deny the Holocaust Predicted

IN ITS September 26, 1945, issue, Consolation noted that future attempts might be made to revise history and deny what had happened. The article "Has Nazism Been Destroyed?" said:

"Propagandists think the people have short memories. It is their intention to erase past history, presenting themselves in the modern disguise of benefactors, their incriminating record being covered up."

The magazine gave this perceptive warning: "Until Jehovah does fight Armageddon, Nazism will continue to raise its ugly head."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

From Wikipedia

Awake! is a general-interest magazine published by Jehovah's Witnesses.

The magazine's predecessor, first published in 1919 by International Bible Students (an earlier name of Jehovah's Witnesses), was entitled The Golden Age. From 1937 it was called Consolation. (In some countries it was also known as New World for a while.) In 1946 the present magazine called by the name Awake! was released.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, darn. I think he has a few of those, but it's not likely to be the one you want. I'll see what I can find out.

t

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks Blondie.

Awake, August 22, 1995

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit