I think my cat is EVIL....

by lola28 29 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Thank you for all your responses. Years ago I got a cat that was feral and he got along well with our other cats but did not trust many people. He was older than this cat when I got him but he never had the kind of behavior this cat shows.

This morning i was petting him and now I'm looking at my left hand which he scratched. I can't walk around my house in shorts or with out shoes because he attacks me right away and I must admit this but I'm afraid of the little sucker. For a small little thing he can really bite.

lola

• Satanus
    Satanus

If i had a cat that made me feel that way in my own home, he would be gone very quickly. He can go be feral again within minutes, no problems.

S

• lola28
    lola28

Satanus,

I understand what you are saying, I just feel bad, you know I bringing him to my home and then throwing him out like yesterdays trash.

lola

• talesin
    talesin

Just like abused or neglected people, cats will display aggressive behaviour. I see a combination of two potential reasons for the behaviour.

1. feral (perhaps abused, and certainly neglected)

2. becoming an adult cat, establishing territory

NN had good advice.

tal

• Satanus
    Satanus
    bringing him to my home and then throwing him out like yesterdays trash.

Yes, it would be sad. I guess it's like giving up or turning ones back on a situation. It could be used as a last resort, if nothing else works. Maybe more suggestions will be forthcoming, or the vet may have some ideas. Just another thought, maybe there are some cat forums where you could present this problem.

S

• lola28
    lola28

UPDATE:

KITTY IS GONE

lola

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

lola

What do you mean by gone - has he left or have you got rid of him?

How old is he and is he neutered? - if not, that may explain his recent aggressive behaviour and his disappearance.

ps one of my cat's must be evil - her rescue centre reference number - H666

• lola28
    lola28

My mom took him to a shelter this morning, she called me at work to let me know.

lola

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Probably the best thing even though its hard.

I don't know how shelters work where you are but maybe they might be able to do some behaviour therapy on him and/or find him a home that's better suited for his type, a place where he's the only pet perhaps? - some shelters in the UK even manage to rehome totally feral cats.

Plus your other cat will be happier and you won't have shredded limbs!

• talesin
    talesin

That is a good choice. The cat shelter here NEVER kills the kitties. There are folks who have the skills and situation to take in 'problem' cats, and let's hope your kitty finds a great home!

I'm sorry you had to do this, but you tried your best to help this kitty ,,, now don't feel guilty!!! Cheer up!

Come on, pinky swear!

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit