calling all worshipers...

by m. kirov 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

Even when I still believed that you had to be a JW to be a true Christian (*gag*), I did not believe that the meetings (or the door-to-door crapola, for that matter) were the only way or place to worship.

Since I received real light, I actually enjoy reading the bible! I'm wondering how many different definitions or explainations of worship I can find here. How do you worship? I'm constantly redefining and/or fine-tuning things after the borg. --thanks

• juni
    juni

m. kirov, good evening!

Where in WI do you live? I live outside of Madison. I feel the need to have a one on one relationship w/my Creator. I don't follow any manmade religions. That one scripture comes to mind, "Let God be true though every man a liar." Nice having you join in the discussions. Juni

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Since I received real light, I actually enjoy reading the bible! I'm wondering how many different definitions or explainations of worship I can find here.

Same here. Although I am a member of a church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention I worship anywhere I happen to be in the mood for it which is a lot of the time because to me worshipping the Lord is a way of life not tied down to a specific place or time. The church affiliation is to meet and mingle with fellow believers. The affiliation with the SBC is to be organised in spreading the real Good News about Jesus and not some flawed and corrupted carrot held out as a hope by the WT cult.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    How do you worship?

by hiking in the mountains.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I make a trip to the Kingdom Hall and pretend

• defd
    defd

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was somewhere else.

Now when I go to my church I'm focused on the pastor and the sermon and having a rockin good time.

I also think there is something in finding out what your "spiritual gifts" are. I never agreed that to be spiritual you had to do field service and attend 5 meeting a week.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=spiritual+gifts

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I find my connection in the simplest of things: The way the light dapples through the trees. The squirrel stopping to chastize one of my cats. Our kitten. The Mango tree seeds I have sprouting on my dining table. I still find awe in all of it.

• SallySue
    SallySue

When I look into the eyes of my grandchildren I see the Lord's hand in their being. I lift my hands and praise Him.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I also think there is something in finding out what your "spiritual gifts" are.

Josie, let me tell you, it has REALLY helped me since I've done several studies on spiritual gifts. I feel like it's given me a lot of direction that I didn't have before. And I'm so grateful! What I have discovered though is that over a period of time, your gifts may change. Or you might get stronger in some areas, falling weaker in others. Several years ago, my gift was "administration". Not so strong there anymore. Now it's "encouragement" and "hospitality". (Realizing of course, there are different books/studies that show gifts slightly differently.)

I find my connection in the simplest of things: The way the light dapples through the trees. The squirrel stopping to chastize one of my cats. Our kitten. The Mango tree seeds I have sprouting on my dining table. I still find awe in all of it.

Brenda, this is a way I connect as well. I try to find those little things in my daily life wherever I can. "Post-it-notes of nature" to remind me of my place in this world. Mozz and I go camping about twice a year. It truly is a way for me to release the toxins of distraction and just retreat with my husband and my Father. I always comes back feeling refreshed and alive. Even though I subscribe to the Christian way of life, I have a deep emotional connection with Nature...like the Native Americans or Buddhist. I find their beliefs fascinating.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit