The book "What the Bible really teaches"

by TheListener 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yeah, on second thought, I agree. This is strictly an intro book for new recruits. Whipping out the divine appointment doctrine from day one goes against the cult "onion layering" technique, which the WTS is apparently getting better at.

• joelbear
    joelbear

yeah, like what if you started Truth book studies with the chapter "Why Is It Wise To Examine Your Religion", heck you waited a whole month before you got to that.

• Perry
    Perry

Ditto what Joelbear said; They waited till right before I got baptized and was excidely rambling about some NT scripture to tell me that the NT bible wasn't really written for the Great Crowd (me). I got red in the face and felt like an idiot. Of course I conformed..... to my ever regret.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I looked the book over better and still didn't find any reference to the fds. In my opinion that doesn't mean anything about the doctrine being sidelined. They must have felt it wasn't necessary in this particular publication. It's definitely covered in the new OM book that each pub. gets.

Listener - I think that would be the reason. By keeping the FDS mentions to within publications that are not seen by early recruits they prevent any successful arguments from derailing new recruits. Once they get dipped and get the Org book it will all get clear to them. Of course, I think the WT still is making oft mention of the FDS for those who pay attention, isn't it?

Jeff

• M.J.
    M.J.

Could be that the possibility of internet searches on "Faithful Discreet Slave" and books like Captives of a Concept really struck a blow, so they're much more likely to conceal that goofy doctrine until the recruit is really hooked.

Compare with the "knowledge" book:

*** kl chap. 17 p. 161 Find Security Among God’s People ***

Jesus said that at the time of his presence in Kingdom power, "the faithful and discreet slave" would be found providing "food at the proper time" for His followers. (Matthew 24:45-47) When Jesus was installed as heavenly King in 1914, who did this "slave" prove to be? Certainly not the clergy of Christendom. For the most part, they were feeding their flocks propaganda that backed up their own national governments in World War I. But proper and timely spiritual food was being dispensed by the group of true Christians who were anointed by God’s holy spirit and were a part of what Jesus called the "little flock." (Luke 12:32) These anointed Christians preached God’s Kingdom rather than man’s governments. As a result, over the years millions of righteously disposed "other sheep" have joined the anointed "slave" in practicing true religion. (John 10:16) Using the ‘faithful slave’ and its present-day Governing Body, God directs his organized people to make spiritual food, clothing, and shelter available to all who wish to have these provisions.

And the "Life Forever" book:

*** pe chap. 23 p. 193 God’s Visible Organization ***

When telling of his presence in Kingdom power, Jesus said: "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings." (Matthew 24:45-47) On his return in Kingdom power in the year 1914, did Christ find a "faithful and discreet slave" class providing spiritual "food," or information? Yes, he found such a "slave" made up of the remaining ones on earth of his 144,000 "brothers." (Revelation 12:10; 14:1, 3) And since 1914 millions of persons have accepted the "food" they provide, and have begun practicing true religion along with them. This organization of God’s servants is known as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    No wonder the guy I'm studying with wants to switch from the Knowledge book to the new one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit