You Can't Get It Back

by Big Dog 34 Replies latest social family

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I've come to the same conclusion myself, over the past year.

We were denied our full potentials as JW youth. It's truely sick! But we can make sure that it doesn't happen to our children. Break the cycle folks!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes agreed. I take voyeuristic pleasure in my daughter going to as many birthday parties as possible, doing ballet, tap classes, riding lessons, violin lessons, and playing out until bedtime, and sleeping in on a saturday morning until ANY time she can be bothered to get out of bed. Its great.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Geez, I was just thinking about this last night as I watched my 14 year old son play in the homecoming football game. He had 4 sacks and ran in two touchdowns. My 11 year daughter was all dressed up in the school colors and wore one of her brother's old football jerseys. All night long she was running up and down the stands with all of her "worldly" friends scream the home team on. His team won 46 - 20. The atheletic / scholastic memories and opportunities both of them will have because I chose not to raise them as Jdubs will be worth the price I had to pay.

My JW mother once made a comment that I'm "trying to live my life through my kids." She just doesn't get it. It's not that at all. Simply put, I don't want my kids to miss out on what I was forced to miss out on. I remember being 10 or 11 years old, sitting in a tree, watching the little league games, wish I was allowed to play. I thought it was so cool that they got to wear uniforms like real basebal players. I remember being one of the best flag football players in jr. high but not being allowed to play organized, tackle football. I remember coaches and friends staring at me with puzzled looks on their faces as I tried to explain to them why I was want allowed to play high school football or any other sport. Probably the worst one was my brother getting A's in all his classes through high school and then deciding not to go to college. It's crazy. It's unforgiveable.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

The thing that is insane is that its not like we were asking our parents if we could sell crack, or rob a liquor store, or shot some heroin for God's sake, all we wanted to do was maybe play some ball or go to a frigging dance or whatever. I mean, a religion that has a problem with those sorts of activities is just really out there.

Also, the groups that deny their children medical treatment for illnesses, well, that's just sick. They should not be allowed to breed in my opinion.

You want to be a freak as an adult, be my guest, refuse medical treatment, divorce yourself from the world, live in a cave, whatever, as an adult that's your choice, but don't drag children down into your private hells.

• poppers
    poppers

No, you can't get it back. You can't get back the "good stuff" you think you missed, the "good times" you had, or anything else for that matter. But you can live your life right now in this very moment without regret about the past or anxiety about the future. Right here, right now - that's all you've got and all you'll ever have. Let the past go, let the future take care of itself, live life now, it's all there is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit