WAS YOUR KH HIT BY CRIME?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Our Kingdom Hall was. I am sure it was terrifying for the congregation. Before hitting the Kingdom Hall, this man had tried holding up a pawn shop, also unsuccessful. The judge's penalty was fairly severe. He wanted to send a message that vulnerable groups are not to be targeted (unarmed, peaceful, churchgoing, etc.)

The man was obviously deranged.

I had posted news of this incident before. That time, posters here made fun of the Witnesses or in other ways diminished the trauma of the attack. A word of warning; any similar mockery this time around and I will request that the thread be locked.

http://www.watchtowernews.org/mummyrobs.htm

• willyloman
    willyloman

We were told about a KH that was robbed at knife-point. It happened during an elder's meeting on a Friday night. The intruder apparently saw several cars parked there and walked in through the unlocked front door and into the library. He had a knife in his hand and demanded everyone empty out their wallets and give him their cash. They did and he left. They locked the front door from then on. the elder who told us about it was there when it happened, so I believe it's true.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I remember hearing about a kingdom hall in Australia some years back that was bombed during a meeting, but I forget the details or the number of casualties.

W

• kid-A
    kid-A

Nothing in my KH was worth stealing.......hmmmmm, ugly brown carpet...cheap stackable chairs....oh, well they did have that fancy wireless microphone! Yeah!!!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

The door to our KH was regularly graffitied. The brothers and sisters would be shocked with all those swears on it. I still drive past and see the graffiti on there at times. Every time the clean it up someone vandals it again.

FF - years ago back in the late 80's I think.. A KH in NSW was bombed. A sister sitting right near the stage suffered terrible burns. I met her many years later and she had terrible scarring. I am not sure but I think someone did die in that attack.

• badboy
    badboy

One certainly doesn't condone bombing KHs.

• badboy
    badboy

One certainly doesn't condone bombing KHs.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Growing up, on Devil's Night the hall would organized people to guard the hall against vandals. It never once happened, but it could you know. Anyway, when I was in my late teens, we would egg the people guarding the hall, not the hall itself.

Kwin

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The KH I grew up in was broken into by an elder's son. They stole all the PA equipment!!! You know, one of those elder's that thought their kids could do no harm!!!

Ours too! Crazyblondeb, Do we know each other?

Jeff

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Somebody put a torch to it and burned the whole thing down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit