What's the possibility........?

by proandcon 5 Replies latest jw friends

• proandcon
    proandcon

...of the JW leadership having a large concert and festival featuring prominent JW entertainers (Prince, Michael Jackson) and the William sisters...all proceeds to go to for the benefit of the Katrina evacuees?

Many other groups and religious organizations are actively collecting funds to help in the relief effort. Many entertainers are volunteering there time in this regard.

Great witnessing opportunity....large captive audience...make everyone get a tract with a ticket...

Can you add to the agenda they could develop?

Proandcon

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Frankly, m'dear.......they don't give adamn.

• blondie
    blondie

Never, almost never.

I remember when the congregation wanted to have a garage sale and donate the proceeds to the local KH building fund. They were told that if they wanted to have a personal garage sale and donate the money that was their decision but they could not put the WT or KH name to the event. So that is what they did.

I can see George Benson or Prince having a concert and personally donating all or part of the proceeds and perhaps publicizing it under their own name but never the WTS.

I understand that Serena is donating money to the Red Cross.

*Serena Williams will auction off those $30,000 “Crown of Hearts” earrings she wore during her victorious U.S. Open match against Francesca Shiavone to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Designed by Louisiana native Erica Courtney, the chandelier style earrings are made up of over 355 diamonds, approximately 4.18 carats in total, and set in platinum. “I send my prayers and my love to the hurricane victims, and their families. I am so saddened by the destruction and despair,” says Williams. “I encourage everyone to assist in this great time of need. Thank you, Erica, for teaming with me for such a worthwhile cause.” The auction may be accessed at www.tenniskatrina.com.

http://eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=22251

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1126131012610&call_pageid=968867503640&col=1053692575155

Front Page > Music News > Pop-Funk

Prince Releases Single to Benefit Hurricane Victims Vibe | Wednesday Sep 7 Prince is doing his part to help out the victims of Hurricane Katrina by releasing a new single inspired by the disaster. 2.9 Topics: Black Entertainment, Prince Prince Records Charity Single

Hit singer-songwriter Prince was so moved by the coverage of Hurricane Katrina he wrote a song, recorded it, and has already put it out as a charity single.

The song is called "SST" and is available as a 99-cent download on Prince's official Web site.

Prince wrote and recorded the song in one long late-night session after watching television coverage of the hurricane.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

If it were done thru the WBTS they would want the money to go into the "world wide work". That way they can spend in on ANYTHING they see fit.

On ABC nightly news last night they were talking about the donations from the 9/11 tradegy. The money marked for the 9/11 funds had to be specifically marked for that fund. If not it went to the general fund. There was an investigation about this not long ago.

So if all the JWs are donating to the "world wide work" they don't have to use it for the hurricane fund. BUT, if anyone is marking it specifically for the diaster fund, legally it has to go into an account set up for that. Face it, they don't want to use a lot of this money. They want to have those they helped to sign over insurance money. Plus, they will probably be setting up new mortages for the KH's. Who cares if they have homes, as long as they have a roof for 5 meeting a week. Anyone else think their priorities are screwed?

ok, I"m done rambling now!!

shelley

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Whats the possibility of Hell freezing over? LOL

• defd
    defd

NEVER and if we did, we would never use (Prince, Michael Jackson) and the William sister

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit