I'M SCARED!!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

by horrible life 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

heheheh great pics

es

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wait a minute! The White House is illegally using the protected Watchtower trademark! Time for the Tower to whip out another suit!

• chrissy
    chrissy

omg theres a hidden tower image in the gate!! lol. i never noticed that when i was there. did you go to the smithsonians or do anything else exciting on your trip?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Chrissy, we went to the Holocaust museum, could have bought a JW tee shirt, but it was very moving. Had a Capitol Tour, Saw the Constutution and Declaration of Independence, Arlington Cemetary---Audie Murphys grave--changing of the gurard (I cried) Iwo Jima statue, Vietnam Memorial, The new World War 11 memorial --gut-wrenching at night--, Roosevelt memorial --very large--, 1 smithsonian (Had lots of dinosaurs and bugs) Lincoln and Jefferson memorials. Washington Memorial was closed. Much Much more....

My favorite was the Library of Congress. The most beautiful building on earth.inside. The murals, and paintings were breathtaking. The marble, stairs, columns, beautiful.

Get ready for a story, I'll try to make it short

My daughter and a friends son take part in a youth leadership trip to DC. We decide to go to DC also with her son in tow. We did not see our other kids til we got back to the airport.

We get tickets to go to the Whitehouse. When we went to the Whitehouse, we could not take our purses, or anything other than our license (required, and checked off their cleared list) and our money. No cameras, nothing. So we put our license, credit card, and $20.00 each in our pockets. Our car was parked at a Metro station several miles away. We were shocked to find out that the "tour" was on our own. No guides etc. And very short. Just looking at pictures, and roped off rooms. All of the sudden we were staring at an open door that said EXIT. We weren't ready to leave. We did have a couple of questions we hadn't asked as we toured. (There was a Secret Service Agent in every room). Hit submit button by accident, just a little more

• horrible life
    horrible life

Cont.......

So we asked the last SS agent. He had red hair, and almost old enough to mow my lawn. We asked our questions, and noticed the large staircase behind him about 20 feet. We asked where they went. He said to the residence. I said I would give him $20.00 if he would let me go up. He just looked at me. Then I realized that I was leaving my friend Betty out. So I offered him her $20.00 if she could come with me!! I think the charge would be Bribing a SS agent or high official or something like that. Thankfully, he just laughed and said $40.00 would not get him very far. Betty just about died.

Her husband is a Dr. She has a little bit more class than I do. But I do have fun. HL

• chrissy
    chrissy

yes, the whitehouse is tough to get into now I understand. completely impenetrable, i thought. they say because of terrorism but i suspect there is a bit more to it than that.

the holocaust museum is pretty intense. especially the room full of victims shoes covered in ash....just laying there representing all of those bodies. eerie. the entire building, the architecture, it has this feel to it....industrial and cold. i felt like i was walking through the gates of auschwitz. actually i think i did...they have moved it there, right? its been awhile.

cool. sounds like you had a great time.... is there more to the story?

• chrissy
    chrissy

and what would you have done once upon the residence of bushie?

hehe. you are a daring and risky lil devil, hl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit