ITHINKISEE Update: My wife wants to read CoC!

by ithinkisee 29 Replies latest members private

• Balsam
    Balsam

Just keep in mind that though most people leave JW's after reading CoC, some still feel that there is no where else to go and still stick with it though to a lesser degree. I have seen this happen at least 3 times.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Oh my gosh! That's great news!

• jaredg
    jaredg

NICE!!

• hubert
    hubert

Another book that would be good for her to read later, if she still has doubts whether the W.T. is the "Faithful and Discreet slave", is "Captives of a Concept", by Don Cameron. You can buy it and download it on line, or order the book on line.

It proves the W.T. is NOT the Faithful and Discreet Slave, beyond a doubt.

Hubert

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

You know............it's really breathtaking the speed in which your wife is coming to grips with the flaws of the WT organization and finding her way out with her sanity intact.

That's one smart cookie you got there.....I'd keep her around for awhile!!!!!!

• Sheri
    Sheri

That is so great!

Hope that you will also get In Search of Christian Freedom, having all three books helped me so much.

Have a great weekend,

Peace

Sheri

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Hope that you will also get In Search of Christian Freedom, having all three books helped me so much.

I have it. I told her how much I liked it. She would like to read it.

-ithinkisee

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

An excellent read for any current or former JW. I've read it once, lent it to my sister, and am anxiously awaiting her returning it to me so I can read it again.

• MrsBee
    MrsBee

Do you think that this book would do anything for someone who is NOT a JW and has never been one??

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Someone who was never a JW would probably read it and say 'Well, duh!!'.

If you ever had any respect for the JW version of 'Theocratic Arrangement', that respect would be gone.

I rips away the curtain that the little man is hiding behind.

The most benefit to you would probably be in learning the background of some processess and possibly some topics that can become subjects for your husband to think about. He'd have to read the book himself to benefit.

btw - Welcome to JWD!! I'm reading a few of your posts today. Nice to have you here.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Knowledge/Wisdom. It was daring for me to join.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit