Coyote watch!

by mrs rocky2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

Living in the middle of nowhere, I've had my share of coyote misery. Just a couple of months ago, on my way home from work around midnight (riding my bicycle through the woods), I had a standoff with a coyote. It was pretty neat. I know this sounds completely crazy, but in order to keep the coyotes away from my yard, I pee in the yard as often as I can. I hardly ever use the real bathroom in summertime. It does help to keep the wild animals away.

Oh and something else that works great.. (I am serious). Go to the zoo and ask for some lion poop. The last zoo where I picked up lion poop, I had to pay for it (4 dollar for 20 pounds). The "wild animal" smell will keep smaller wild animals away. It really works, I swear.

• foreword
    foreword

I use the pee method too, the problem...I don't see as many deer and moose, but it does work...it's an old american indian technique edited to add....from what I heard it works better with male urine.

• hubert
    hubert
    in order to keep the coyotes away from my yard, I pee in the yard as often as I can.

I'm tempted....but, no comment.

Hubert

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Hmmm, me thinks me will have Mr. Rocky drink lots of water and mark the perimeter of the yard. We also have been seeing moose tracks close to our trees. Might take care of two critters. Thanks for the ideas!

• Es
    Es

oh wow they look like wolves how can you tell the diference?

es

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi MrsR, We live in a residential area and a few years ago, I was sitting in my living room and watched a coyote walk across three yards across from our house. I have no idea how he got here. There is a small vacant lot at the end of the street, but it seemed like a remote thing that coyotes live there. Who can figure?

We have raccoons and opossoms all the time on our deck...............they love the dog's food.

I feel so bad about your kitten.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I use the pee method too, the problem...I don't see as many deer and moose, but it does work...it's an old american indian technique edited to add....from what I heard it works better with male urine.

Not only do we have a lot of coyote, I have seen 2 black and 1 brownish-colored panther in the past 3 years within 1/2 mile from the house. I live in the shadow of the Great Smoky MT. National Park and the US Park Service finally admitted they are in the park a few years ago after denying it for decades (almost WT-like aren't they). I haven't had any encounters in the yard but i have been pissing outdoors for the last 10 years just to keep the critters at bay.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    from what I heard it works better with male urine.

Dang, I'm a girl. All guys are invited!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit