This was weird

by Purza 16 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Isn't it funny that if that woman was interviewed at a meeting I would have thought how loving but now that my eyes are open, I know that a sympathy card would have got a more positive response.

jws just don't get what true love and empathy is..

• Smiles
    Smiles

I knew of some older pioneer sisters that would use the obituaries to do "letter witnessing." They would do research on the survivors listed in the obituary and send "comforting" letters to them. Easy way for those pioneers to accumulate a few extra hours on their service report. I never heard of any "good experiences" coming from it. Just a couple people who sent back a nasty reply.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I'm glad you gave he good advice!

• Shania
    Shania

What I don't understand why would it be sent to her work. Do you think there is a Witness that works there and sent it to the boss. Or maybe there is a relative that is witness and sent it........it just don't make sense why a witness would send that to someones work...............but then again they are weird.

• Purza
    Purza
    What I don't understand why would it be sent to her work.

She is a public official and her work address is public record/knowledge and on the website. She probably didn't have her home address.

Purza

• kazar
    kazar

Similar experience in my life. I had already faded from JW's and was with my boyfriend of 10 years. He died and two weeks after his death I received a letter in the mail from a JW saying how there was hope to see loved ones in the resurrection of the New System. I was horrified how anyone would read obits to put in their time. Sent me into a tailspin.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

What's stupid is they spend their $$$ on these publications and then send them out hoping to convert someone.

I work for a government agency myself and just last week we received a DVD from the Scientologists. I guess they are mass mailing them out. It was very fancy packaging and everything....... anyways into the trash it went.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit