Menial tasks and Appointments.

by Dune 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Dune
    Dune

Were you ever the witness boy/man who was always asked to do EVERYTHING in the congregation. Like every elder knew you were the "go-to" guy when something needed to be done. Whether it was Vacuming the carpet or helping some old sister move out? This is for any of the guys who were constantly and consistently asked to do things and were NEVER given any appointments. And if you WERE appointed, how long was that inital period of servitude. I ask cause i was baptized before i was even a teenager and have been basically doing the behind the scenes work in the congregatiton. I'm almost 20. And i've always figured that i was never appointed because i was young. Two elders have told me that i'm being considered. But i was just wondering if anyone else has (or had) similar circumstances

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Two elders have told me that i'm being considered. But i was just wondering if anyone else has (or had) similar circumstances

How are you being considered?

Is the manner an 'appointment' made scriptural?

2 Then the Twelve summoned the whole company of the disciples and said, “It would not be right for us to give up preaching about God to wait on tables. 3 Therefore, brothers, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Spirit and wisdom, whom we can appoint to this duty. 4 But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the preaching ministry.” 5 The proposal pleased the whole company. So they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolaus, a proselyte from Antioch. 6 They had them stand before the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.

Acts 6:2-6 (HCSB)

Ask yourself if you really want to be immersed deeper within this so-called Christian group that can't even follow biblical examples of how faithful men are chosen to serve their brothers and sisters in Christ.

If you want to be 'appointed' in the WT hierarchy there is a great book that is available (I forget the title) that will help you get from unbaptised publisher to elder in under a year by taking a few shortcuts on the road to your 'appointment'.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

As a female I was a second class citizen so unable to ever particpate in any of those 'outstanding' privileges.

Sometimes they hold people back for reasons like these

Participated in higher education

All your immediate family are not witnesses

You have a promising career

You exhibit any form of intelligence

Do you really want to be appointed to be a 'Miserable Serpent' (Ministerial Servant)? Just wondering.

• Dune
    Dune

Lol, you kind of have to look at this from my perspective. This is basically what i've been all my life. I've figured that i might as well go for it, and if i ever stop caring i'll just leave. I'm still young (19), I figure that if i stop caring enough i'll just leave and pursue money, fame, women and my career, lol.

• thom
    thom

It wasn't until I became a MS that I really started to realize all the crap in the org. Before that I just used the excuse that we're all imperfect. But then seeing more of the correspondence with the society (being talked to like I'm an idiot when THEY made mistakes in literature orders, etc.), sitting in on the first part of the elder's meetings with the CO and stuff like that, I started to realize that it's a bunch of men just saying and doing what they want. I could see the lack of any spiritual guidance on anything.
    A MS still does menial tasks. Like an apprentice, doing all the crap jobs for the elders. But then you can start to see the elders for what they really are, a bunch of men reveling in their power. It all became clear once I became a MS.
    Oh, and it's so much fun when the PO's wife asks you for something you're not supposed to give out (like an OM book) and then comes back with her husband and says "I see I had to pull rank on you", or an elder's wife wants a particular territory but you're supposed to give them out in a particular order and then gets her way anyway.
    Maybe if you become a MS it could be your doorway to freedom.

• Caveat
    Caveat

I say go for it…

Like Thorn just said you gonna clearly see who is who in your local JW tribe.

And the menial jobs... can live without those... even some elders have them.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Dune,

It sounds like you are having the same problem that I had: - namely, doing everything right except for THE key requirement i.e. you are not part of the congregation's Inner Clique!

As has been already said on this post, though - it is an eye opener once you are appointed an MS.

• Dune
    Dune

bumpity bump

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Nope, that’s not me. My father is “worldly” so I had to gobble at the feet of the elders to get any type of recognition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit