Immersed in Negative Anticipation

by 95stormfront 5 Replies latest jw friends

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Is it just me or is their a direct correllation between how deep someone is immersed in "da troof" and how much they are in anticipation of negative things happening to bolster the WT case of the end being so near?

I've just got off the phone with my wife, for the fourth or fifth time today, hardly been able to get any work done, and I fear she's turning into a news-hound. Every conversation was about the latest developments of the hurricane in NO, some volcano about to blow up and cause a tsunami capable of wiping out the eastern seaboard, and now it's the blackout in LA and how it may be the work of Al Queda.

Doesn anyone else with a JW SO find it exhausting to listen to so much negativity?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Doesn anyone else with a JW SO find it exhausting to listen to so much negativity?

Put it this way, I'm glad I live alone now. I feel for ya buddy!

I'm still trying to shake the echos out of my head of my ex's speculation that Iraq is now the "king of the north". And I've been gone nearly 2 years.

W

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

no. they love it. you watch the tsk tsk tsk the bad news they hear, meanwhile the brim with excitement. and jw's in general are the least sympathetic people you will ever meet. end-times prophecies are more important than the actual people who are getting hurt

bethel

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I try not to talk about current events with my mother, especially disasters, because that only launches her into her "you know it's a sign of the end" madness.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Doesn't anyone else with a JW SO find it exhausting to listen to so much negativity?

Yes, yes, yes... until I divorced her evil a$$

• kazar
    kazar

Every disaster, even miniscule events become cummulative in the JW psyche to validate the time of the end prophecy. I have read the possibility/probability the "Pay Attention to Daniel" book that Iraq is the king of the north.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit