Does anyone ever watch "Intervention"?

by devinsmom 7 Replies latest jw friends

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

It's a very interesting show on the TLC channel its on Sunday nights. Its about people dealing with addictions and their family and friends getting together and planning an intervention for them. They show everything from gambling addicts to heroin addicts.

Anyway, I was watching last night and there was this chick on herion who was prostitutung to support her habit, it was so scary, I swear it haunted my dreams! As someone who has had a history with drugs, very little shocks me anymore. And I dont know why this particular episode touched me so much. Maybe because that could have been me, but seeing someone in that state is just a scary thing. And its not depicted, its REAL, they follow these people around with cameras and capture how their whole life revolves around getting their fix.

Well, I guess my point is that I think is if showing how it REALLY is, can scare someone like myself that maybe this should be used as a tool to scare kids before they ever get started. D.A.R.E. doesnt work, and most of it is mis-information anyway, ala' "refer madness". I know that these images will stay with me for a long time and hopefully would likewise show kids that its not all fun and cool, its cracked out, dangerous and scary.

-April

• defd
    defd

I too watch it. I agree with you 100% Shows like that can be a very good positve force for people who think drugs are cool.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i don't watch it. too scary. plus, i wouldn't want anything to get in the way, as i'm a drug newbie.

next stop: depraved male prostitute.

but seriously devinsmom,

that show is really a cool show. i've seen it a few times.

TS

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Watching it kilss my buzz!! lol j/k

I think it is a very good show--telling how it really is. Some make it , some don't. The one that shocked me was the gut that (oh, i forget his addiction) lost his house , car, job and family. He had a job that paid out the butt too!!!

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Tetra said:

i wouldn't want anything to get in the way, as i'm a drug newbie.

hehe, well try to stick with the good ones atleast. No meth, heroin, crack, coke, ice, etc...please, you seem cool, we'd like to keep you around!

-April

p.s.When you start that male prostitution thing, let me know asap!

• sf
    sf

A friendly FYI...it is on A and E, not TLC, and yes, I've watched nearly all the episodes:

INTERVENTION: About The Show
    The documentary series INTERVENTION profiles people who are losing the battle
    with their addictions, ... Click here to own Intervention episodes on DVD. ... www.aetv.com/intervention/

sKally

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

April,

lol. i'll be good.

TS

and, P.S. - you know i will.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Great show, we watch it almost every week. Very "sobering" if you'll pardon the pun.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit