Unconditional Love in the organization and congregations...

by ADJUSTMENTS 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS
    This is so true I couldn't have said it better!!!

• ADJUSTMENTS
  • ADJUSTMENTS
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The recent magazine about "what makes a true friend?" Was one of the most duplicitous magazines ever produced by witnesses!

So too is the stupid white board animation on the website for teenagers on the same topic.

The outright lies told, make it seem that witnesses are real friends, but as we all know, the are the very epitome of CONDITIONAL friends!

Unless one is a perfect drone, the "friendships" soon dry up!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Yeah I know too well that when I started to fade these good JW "unconditional" love kicks in. They treat you like you have the plague or something like that.
  • confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

I didn't know what unconditional love was until I was disfellowshipped.  What I found was anyone who was a so-called friend in the congregation, dropped me quicker than quick.  But the friends that I met through my scrapbooking groups (I used to teach scrapbooking!) will remain my friends for a lifetime and they love me for who I am, not for the number of meetings I attended or the number of hours I put in in field service.  Even my parents who have been witnesses for years (I was born-in), stood by my side and love me unconditionally because they know that I should have never been disfellowshipped.  

Unconditional friendship is just that...unconditional.  The witnesses ONLY love you on the conditions set forth from the WT society, which are many!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

lol unconditional. In the past two years I've gone to maybe 5 meetings and half a convention. I don't hear from ANYONE that I would still consider a friend. This is despite the fact they all know where I live and I've had the same phone number for 10 years. Not a word from them. If I do see them, it's always the same deal: a hug and 'I've missed you.'

I always reply with, "well you know how to contact me. Why didn't you?"

That shuts them up pretty quick and ends the conversation.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great reply BB!

Yes...if they REALLY were concerned, or interested in you, they wouldn't wait to say that when randomly passing you on the street.... 

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    It kind od makes me think of the Publishers Clearinghouse, You Have Won, envolopes, That after proclaiming, how much you, for sure have won, is followed by a *, if you DIG deep enough, you find the (*) hidden in the smallest mice type, where it says, *If you return the winning numbers!
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

It kind of makes me think of the Publishers Clearinghouse, You Have Won, envolopes, That after proclaiming, how much you, for sure have won, is followed by a *, if you DIG deep enough, you find the (*) hidden in the smallest mice type, where it says, *If you return the winning numbers!

The jw love is totally unconditionally extended, IF, you obey, 100%!

Dwain 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit