A great tool to help with getting debt free

by Eyebrow2 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Hey, all.

I was doing the fun (task) of going over our budget. I use Quicken..pretty handy...anyhoo....I was appalled by how high I have allowed the credit card balances to get...eeek. So I wanted to figure out how much I need to pay to get them paid off. So then, I figured, might as well throw in my student loan as well.

anyhoo this is the calculator that I used to figured things out:

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/debtplanner/debtplanner.jsp

I have been to the money site many times, but somehow missed this calc. Using it, I was able to get some hope, hahah....figured out a doable amount that will get us debt free from cards and the student loan in about 5 years. (well, as long as I don't actually USE any of the credit cards...but still, it is possible).

Anyhoo...hopefully you can get some use out of it as well.

• xjwms
    xjwms

WOW what a great site.

Thanks

Best places to retire ... my needs meet the Dallas area ...Grapevine TX. (and I like to drink wine) go figure.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

hahaha...yeah the dallas area is a good place, me thinks....

hey not to digress....but I have no topic postings available today...sooo...I am going to hijack this thread and post something about some work from home job. I got this email today. I have been to their site, and again, I have never worked for or with them, so all the caveats apply...but for those interested in working from home and you are not afraid of the phone, it may be something to consider:

Job #1449667 WORK FROM HOME AS AN EMPLOYEE, UP TO $20.00 PER HOUR!!!

Be an employee, work during business hours Monday - Friday. We are not looking for people that want a commissions or contract job; we are looking for REAL employees to work from their homes. Full time employees qualify for company benefits. If you live in the U.S. and are serious about working from home full or part-time please go to www.TelereachJobs.com, and complete the online application. Inside/Outside sales, marketing, cold calling, telephone collections or telemarketing experience required. You must also have unlimited long distance, high speed internet services, Microsoft word & excel as well the knowledge of how to use these programs.

NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!! www.TeleReachJobs.com

Thanks!

Teri Askew

National Recruiting

& Training Manager

[email protected]

www.TelereachJobs.com

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

My wife uses Quiken for her finances...I use QuickBooks. Those guys at Intuit put out some really great tools.

Thanks for the link. We don't have high credit balances, but any tool that can help me keep finances under control is a great thing.

Ern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit