Bubbamar update

by Bubbamar 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Hello Friends

I just wanted to post a little update on our situation. So many of you have been SO helpful, generous, kind, supportive and caring -- it is truly mindblowing and has been THE bright spot in this nightmare. Honestly, I have received more help from "strangers" (friends I hadn't met yet) here in Dallas than I have from friends and blood family. I can not tell you what the PM's, donations, phone calls, dinners, etc have done to help me hold on to my sanity.

Dee and I visited the University in Denton yesterday and they do have a great program (we are both in Grad school --I'm a masters student and Dee is a Phd student). We are also looking into the Univ in Atlanta and have a friend there who is recent UNO graduate who is helping us with information and advocacy. We are leaning towards Atlanta but it keeps changing for me. I think Dee is ready to go - but I am struggling. I think that when I make a decision it also means accepting the reality that we are NOT going back to New Orleans because there is NOTHING there.

There is just so much to let go of. You know, when you move to a new place, you can usually go "home" and visit all your old friends, favorite restaurants, and enjoy the familiarity of home. I have been there so long that the roots run deep and it so painful to have that all severed so quickly. I am trying to stay focused on the positive - I really have SO MUCH to be grateful for. My life, for one.

I got an email from my JW mom telling me that I could come live with her. For her to say that is unbelievable -- she shuns me completely and is very mentally sick in addition to being a JW. The interesting thing is that by the time her offer came - 8-9 days after the flood - I had already received several offers from other family and friends. I told her to tell her elders thank you for allowing her to extend the offer - and she said that she didn't have to ask the elders - that in "dire need they can jump in." I just wouldn't call that "jumping in." Andi (Billygoat) JUMPED IN!!! WOOHOO ANDI!!!!!!!! YOU REALLY ARE F'ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for being here for me! Ya'll rock!!!!

Marla

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I told her to tell her elders thank you for allowing her to extend the offer - and she said that she didn't have to ask the elders - that in "dire need they can jump in."

Haha! Nice little comment - Love it!!! (For those you who haven't met Marla, she is a very sweet, gentle, and soft spoken person.) I had no idea you could be such a smart @$$! LOL! I knew I liked you!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Glad to hear you're safe and have options, even though things must be really disconcerting right now.

(((Marla & Dee)))

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

It is so good to hear from you! I'm sorry for everything you are going through.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Bubamar...did you get that info from CH?

• talesin
    talesin

Marla,

We don't know each other, but I'm so happy to hear that you are surviving this horrible ordeal and already making plans. THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!! You are an inspiration to me, and I am sure, many others.

Bouquets to Andi and Decki for all the help they are providing to others during this crisis.

tal

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

BTTT

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

((((Bubbamar)))

It is so great to hear things are looking up for you. I can only imagine what it must be like not being able to go home , because it simply is not there anymore.

Maybe after you have finished school, you can go back. Maybe in time New Orleans will be something to go back and see. Of course it won't be the same old NO, but for the people who choose to go back, they can start making it a beauty spot again. I think the whole world will be , behind funding , and building that city back up, because it was so let down . I sure hope so, I love my home state of Louisiana and my heart goes out to ones like you , who are misplaced and brokenhearted. Hugs to ya Sweetie, Dede

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Thanks Dede

I love New Orleans and you are right it will never be the same. Even if they make it look the same - It will never feel the same to me now that I know how dangerous it is to live below sea level, how our high rate of crime played out in the face of devastation and how disrespected we were by the government. I'm sure I will go back when I can handle it emotionally - but it will be hard to be face to face with all that I lost.

Sparkplug - do you mean the info about the clinic in Plano - I did get that. Oh - also about the Vet. Billygoat/Andi arranged for my 14 year old pug to get a bag of his Rx dog food ($30 value!!). Woohoo!!!

So much love....

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I'm sure I will go back when I can handle it emotionally - but it will be hard to be face to face with all that I lost.

Marla, you don't have to go back until you're ready. Until then, you have a temporary home available. Consider Dallas your home until Atlanta becomes a viable option. We're happy to have you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit