Katrina, something new they can use to get you to goto conventions

by crinklestein 5 Replies latest jw friends

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I've heard from an idiot JW ex-friend of mine that the Society is saying that no JW was killed or suffered through the huricane because, get this, they were ALL at a district convention elsewhere. All of the ones that lost homes are being helped in being relocated and provided for, supposedly. But how much do you want to bet that they will be using this to guilt people into going to those boring fucking conventions? "If you don't go you could die. Remember what happened last year with Katrina?" It makes me sick.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, sorry to say it's already been posted but...

yep, there is always some twisted spin put on events like this, and it is no consolation to "bros and sis" that were undoubtedly affected.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    "If you don't go you could die. Remember what happened last year with Katrina?" It makes me sick.

As i see it, one has two choices. A quick death in a natural disaster or a slow death by spiritual poison. I would go rather go quick.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

had family try that with me today, how this tragedy and the tsunami is unlike any other ever, asked them about the 100,000 killed in floods in the early 70s in vietnam.... yes it probably made for good witness to prove 75 was THE year but here it is 30 yrs later.......................wheres paradise?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

What about those JW's that were killed in Tropical Storm Allison when it struck the convention site?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    no JW was killed or suffered through the huricane because, get this, they were ALL at a district convention elsewhere

When people make sweeping generalizations like that, they're fairly easy to disprove. If anyone has access to info about JWs who died or were injured, bingo, urban-legend-turned-WTS-teaching disproved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit