Jehovah's witnesses

by Will Power 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
  • banished1
    banished1

Did your server cut you off? I hate it when that happens.

• Will Power
    Will Power

oops accidently hit return....
    I don't start a topic very often. :-)

The phrase Jehovah's witnesses can be used the same way that the WT uses the word TRUTH.

One who follows God not men and if YOU call your God Jehovah - voila you have a Jehovah's witness.
    Unless they keep a TM symbol after their name everywhere, there are 2 meanings to the phrase.

If one of the master's of double meaning words ever poses the question,
    "Are you a Jehovah's witness?
    Remember you can't see or hear capital letters or TM symbols during a verbal question

A sincere answer could be yes.

wp

• Will Power
    Will Power

oh, sorry, guess the real question would be "do you consider yourself one of Jehovah's witnesses?"

wish I had formatting abilities

wp

• Honesty
    Honesty
    If one of the master's of double meaning words ever poses the question,
    "Are you a Jehovah's witness?
    Remember you can't see or hear capital letters or TM symbols during a verbal question
    A sincere answer could be yes.
    wp

And since Jesus is Jehovah when I answer yes it could really get interesting.

P.S. Off to Babylon the Great to help at the trailer we're loading for any and all hurricane victims (Are you a JW? What congregation are you in? Who is your P.O.? May I see your Blood Card?) regardless of spiritual beliefs so any qusetions will have to be addressed tonight.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I didn't witness Jehovah do anything.

Kwin

• Will Power
    Will Power

well, then kwin, maybe you have a new name for god?
    or are you more into the "no name" brand now-a-days.
    you know... the universal - one god does all?

but wouldn't this definition come in handy at say a JC meeting?
    with the scripture to back up
    the one that tells how Jesus had to go against the pharisees (GB) of the that era in order to stay in the truth (without the TM)

wp

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Hey Will Power,

That tactic sounds like "theocratic warfare" to me....I'm all for it. What goes around comes around.

It might backfire on ya though, like it did for me just this past Saturday. I was cajoled by a bunch of trademarked, bonafide WTS JayDubs, to go bowling in the early evening. At the alley, they started talking about a recent dfed person and one man in the lane right next to us heard it. Lucky me, I was the closest one to him and he turned to me asking if I was a Jehovah's Witness.

I was like, then I had to say "yes". He chewed me out. He said our "exclusivity was abhorant and should be criminal!" He said how his wife was a psychologist and treated several people who were "devastated by the shunning." In my head, I was like . I'm so with you. But I stayed quiet and another guy said how we supposedly love all members and hope they come back. The group decided to just finish the game and leave for something to eat.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Midge - well I'm NOT a jehovah's witness of either meaning.
    but
    my answer to a question like that would be .... No, I am a christian.
    I know they have a double meaning for that too.... but so does just about anything they say.

\\\\ " he chewed you out" //// cool - good for him, like someone who warns about an unsafe product being sold that he's had a personal tragedy over. Remember Lawn Darts? lol

\\\...his wife was a psychologist" /// should've got her business card or number? There aren't enough of these around. I could use the name of one right now.

wp

• jgnat
    jgnat

Of course, my hubby frequently reminds me that I am NOT a Jehovah's Witness, or if he is in the mood for sparks, an "unbeliever". My answer is furious and swift. "I AM a believer, I follow Christ. I am a Christian."

Lately, this has come in handy as some of the loyal followers of the WTBTS have been mean. I've said over and over, "That is not Christian behavior." That had only minor impact on my honey.

But when I turned around and said, "Why would I join an organization that is not Christian? They don't follow Christ." That hit between the eyes. I saw him step back a moment and ponder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit