Do the Witnesses apply this scripture?

by JH 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Well, an elder found out I smoked a cigar so instead of coming directly to me he told a MS about it and had him come and talk to me about it.

Now there's balls for ya!

W

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Actually I did.

I cannot be specific as it would lead to me being identified, but I went to my best friend at the time and told him he had to put things right.

He went to the toddlers, and told them, and was then told he was not to say anything to me about what was going on.

I phoned the elder whom he confessed to, and he said it was for my own protection. At no point in the JC was I asked for any testimony.

Of course he was an elders son so he was not disfellowshipped.

HB

• pisces
    pisces

This situation happened to me. I worked at the same place as an elder in my cong. One day he must have seen me smoking, because my cousin told me he called her parents to let them know that I smoke. He never said anything to me. Where was my "loving counsel"? I suppose he just wanted to score some brownie points with an anointed guy. Oops sorry I meant he wanted to score brownie points with a complete LUNATIC. I wish you could have seen the jaws drop when I casually told my coworkers that he believes in shunning and thinks that Smurfs are demonic. By the way I would not tell on someone if they smoked. As long as they are adults, it is none of my business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit