Well its Monday morning and I did it ............................

by vitty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Thankyou so much everyone, I cant expresss how much you ve helped ! When I think that there are ppl out there who bother to care if I do this, it helps my resolve

I cant tell you have excited I am about this, I have given myself a month alcohol free and I know I can do it, im so determined. Im a bit scared of the euphoria wearing off, or something happening but ive been drinking for so many years and so much of it I was really scared to stop in case I got terrible physical withdrawl symtoms, now I know most of it is psycological which is a big problem too.

I want to recommend a web site I visited a couple of months ago ( it was recommended by Listener) It helped me get my mind clear and strong, although I only used a 1/4 of what is recomended, it helped me make my decision to stop. www.rational.org

I let you know how I get on, and if im having a few problems

Thanks again

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Im a bit scared of the euphoria wearing off, or something happening

Normal. Very, very normal. And guess what? It will.

Difficult lesson learned (and accepted) is that if it's really good? It will change. The good news of that is if it's really bad??? That will change, too. Just never fast enough for me.

The best part is to learn to hang on to the good, the euphoria, as long as you can! AND you can learn to recall that feeling when you feel like crap.

Goodonya sis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit