The most monumental conversation with my mom and dad.

by Daunt 26 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((Daunt))))

Such a wise head on such young shoulders.

I'm sorry to hear what a difficult time you are going through. I think the family issue is the hardest one of all once you come to terms with the realisation that the religon is a sham.

I wish I could give you a pearl of wisdom instead I offer you friendship and support. Remember people here will always be ready to listen.

Miss Peaches.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Daunt, having gone through what you are experiancing, I wish you the best with your parents. I would encourage you to be thinking about an exit strategy, literally, where you might live if home is unbearable. How you might tap into resources that you don't need now, like $$. A job maybe ? College plans? There are a lot of people (non witlesses) that will be willing to help you if you explain your circumstances. I was amazed at how many offers I had for people to live with when I walked away from the Publishing company.

Good luck!!

Carmel

• Daunt
    Daunt

Thanks again for all the support everybody. Carmel, I have been planning my escape for quite a while now but I just mostly need money to support myself which I'm trying to get from the different jobs I'm applying to. The main thing that my parents can use against me is my emotions. Every time they talk about "the world" being a terribly bad place with disease and death and nothing but that, sometimes it's hard to refute. I mean now it's easier than it use to be, but them keeping me so sheltered kind of made me only see the bad in everything. I know that there are people who care about me but... I dunno demons still pop up even in a somewhat reasonable mind. Just can't shake em. But besides that, I'm freer than ever now. Even though I'm not physically all that free, mentally I have a large load off of me and I love it.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

If your parents disown you for standing up for what you believe in then that tells you something about your parents. Don't twist it back on yourself and think that it would be your fault that they stopped loving you. If that were to happen it would be entirely their choice and it would really highlight the society's and their moral fiber. Good job in spilling out your heart.

On another note. If this is the Truth and God's only correct religion then why are there so many people, young and old, that have these strong internal feelings towards it that it eventually makes them snap? You never read about that during King David's time. Subconsciously they all know it's not the truth. It just effects people differently. For some like you, these little falsities just start eating away at your mind little by little and you keep trying to convince yourself that this is the truth but the problems and things you've seen just keep eating away more and more at you. It gets to the point where you can't hold back any more and you can't keep lying to yourself and you emotionally snap.

If this was really the truth then so many people wouldn't be going through this on a daily basis.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Ah, the JW talk/thinking for every little concern anyone in the whole universe has. Ah, such memories of all of my JW relatives! Ahhhhhhh, so refreshing!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why lately I've stopped bringing any significant subject to them. I'm just polite, friendly and there if needed. Nothing more.

Take care of your well being mentally.

DY

• juni
    juni

Kilroy 2, hi!

Our son was unbaptized and was announced DF in the 80's. They did away with this horrific practice after a couple of years. They didn't announce that they were wrong and people could talk to him again, but we had a WT study dealing with the changed teaching. In actuality, they changed this practice as some unbaptized woman out East sued the Society as she was DF. Her point was that she was never a "member" by being baptized so therefore they couldn't do this to her. THAT'S WHY THEY CHANGED POLICY EVEN THOUGH THROUGH THE WT STUDY THEY GAVE A SCRIPTURAL REASON.

I wish I had not jammed the "truth" down my 4 children's throats. They should have been allowed to make up their own minds as I had in the beginning when they came to my door.

My best to the 17 yr. old young adult. Hang in there. Juni :)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Daunt,

Not baptized? Cant be D'fd or Da'd. Some may decide not to associate with you if you get vocal and trash the society, er.. tell the truth, but none should care if you don't attack it or go out and rob banks and stuff. The world, like the Society has its share of users. Just don't become one and enjoy your youth. Always watch your back but don't become the paranoid jerk they want.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit