Thank You to the whole wide world!

by WildHorses 10 Replies latest social current

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Someone posted this on another site and I thought it needed to be posted over here. I hope it isn't a repeat.

Thank you world! I love you!

• roybatty
    roybatty

My only regret is that it seems to always take a disaster like this for all of us to remember that people around the globe just want to live in peace and see the same for their fellow man.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    My only regret is that it seems to always take a disaster like this for all of us to remember that people around the globe just want to live in peace and see the same for their fellow man.

That could also be said for people within their own countries also. It's a shame really.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I know the British government has sent 500,000 food ration parcels.

But what I thought was important is that the International Energy Agency which is the European oil agency is sending over 2 million barrels of oil from emergency reserves right now. The tankers are on their way. I am guessing there is financial shananigans involved in that, but it is still vitally important to prevent the escalating oil price, which in 1974 caused a major recession.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I don't care what or how much they send. The fact that they care to send anything is good enough for me.

• Simon
    Simon

Even cuba offered help.

• JH
    JH
    Even cuba offered help.

Many enemy countries will rub it in too.... But this event should be a chance to get closer to those who once were rivals....

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I saw that, Simon. Thank you Fiedel.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

It is nice to see that other countries fell love for us Americans. It feels weird also. We're used to being the ones who give out help.

I'm a little ticked at some of the press in Europe though. Contrary to what is reported, Americans do care about each other, and we are going to help our displaced citizens. The response in my area is amayzing. These people WILL be taken care of, and they're not refugees they're American CITIZENS.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Cuban President Fidel Castro offered to fly 1,100 doctors to Houston, Texas, with 26 tons of medicine to treat disaster victims.

I pray Bush has the wisdom to accept this offer and set aside his animosity towards Cuba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit