I just heard…

by _Atlas 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Atlas
    _Atlas

I just heard…

Bro’s from New Orleans were down on Baton Rouge for the convention…

Others were in Texas over the weekend for their convetion too…

SO GUESS WHAT?

AUTHORITIES DID NOT ALLOW THEM TO COME BACK TO THEIR HOUSES BECAUSE OF THE STORM APROACHING!!!

They were spared just as we talked about here on this post by Skyman:

www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/96967/1.ashx

Any thoughts?

• skyman
    skyman

I just recieved an email form Bethel

http://www.jw-media.org/index.html

For Immediate Release
    September 1, 2005

Printable Version

Local Witnesses Organize to Help
    Victims of Hurricane Katrina

UNITED STATES—Representatives of Jehovah’s Witnesses were cooperating with local authorities yesterday afternoon to assess the needs of their fellow worshippers and others victimized by the devastating effects of Hurricane Katrina.

Initial reports indicate that Witnesses who sought refuge in the Superdome in New Orleans are now being evacuated to the Astrodome in Houston, Texas, some 350 miles away. Some Witnesses who are residents of New Orleans and surrounding areas were not in the city because they were attending a Witness convention in Beaumont, Texas, when the hurricane made landfall. By that Sunday afternoon, arrangements were made for all of them to be accommodated in the homes of their fellow worshippers in the Beaumont and Houston areas until they can return home.

Witnesses across the United States were moved to offer their services, donations, and/or materials to those needing assistance. A relief committee is being set up to coordinate these matters once a clearer picture of the extent of the damage is available.

Media Contact: J. R. Brown, telephone: (718) 560-5600

• skyman
    skyman

You can bet your asses that this will be used to promote that Jehovah protects. Plus the witnesses that did not go will be look on as exsamples of what happen to you when you are not faithful. The Society will get a lot of mileage from this.

• _Atlas
    _Atlas

Right now someone is on the typewriter...

Maybe they'll go out with a bang on that last bi-monthly Awake!!!

• SallySue
    SallySue

That convention is not listed in their News Stories on their site. Are you sure about that?

• _Atlas
    _Atlas

No. I’m not certain this is a fact. Skyman has some imput that maybe someone close to the action might validate.

It may be one of those rumors that become urban legends, typical from the JWs.

But all around Ws are spreading the news that the Bros were somehow protected. Skyman’s email show that some were still affected. I heard that over 20 halls were damaged and gossip is spreading fast that $$$ is needed for the people as well as the repairs.

And with the $$$ going to the World Wide Work!!!

It just reminded me of the Argentina floods again.

I just asked myself, If these things are ‘unforeseen occurrence’, how do you preserve some by getting them away? And still some Bros are left behind… It does not look to be completely unforeseen right?

It seems obvious to me that they are spinning this in their favor…

How about you guys?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

One Jehovah's Witness site http://www.jw-aid.com states that there are no reported dead among the Witnesses, but that 23 Kingdom Halls suffered severe water damage, 8 are completely submerged, 2 partially submerged and one completely destroyed. No report on how many Witness homes were effected.

The fact of the matter is that thousands of others who are not Jehovah's Witnesses got out with their lives too. So JWs are no more special than anyone else.

• Jeannine
    Jeannine

Prior to the storm, the authorities did NOT legally stop anyone from returning to their homes. Even a "mandatory evacuation" is not mandatory. The police were not out in full force enforcing an evacuation. Anyone who was away from the area prior to the storm and wanted to return home to "ride out" the storm was ALLOWED to. So, to say that there were "brothers" returning from a convention that weren't allowed into their pre-hurricane homes....is a lie. Further, why on earth would these "brothers" make the attempt to come home anyway, while the entire area was being ASKED to evacuate? Pretty stupid on their part. For this reason, I find this entire story of JWs being "saved" to be a complete exaggeration. If JWs weren't caught up in the hurricane, it is only because they voluntarily heeded the evacuation order....just like millions of other people did. After their convention, nobody would have stopped them from returning home.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

The devil protects his own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit