My cousin from New Orleans is okay...waiting to hear on daughter's friends

by Eyebrow2 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I have a cousin...a second cousin actually, that has lived in new orleans for about 10 years. She spends about a month a year with her parents up in New England...and thank goodness thats where she was when the hurricane hit.

She and I were never close...she is about 15 years or so older than I. But she is such a colorful lady...plays sax in an all girl jazz band in New Orleans...at least she used to.

I just feel so lucky...I cannot even tell you. I cried when I found out...I need to call my dad's cousins (her parents) tomorrow. Just to say hi.

My poor stepdaughter lived in Port Sulphur LA for 2 years. She seemed to be fine, but she broke down Saturday night. She is worried about her friends, in her words she is worried that they have "been swept away by the hurricane". I broke down with her, hugged her, and promisd to keep searching the listings online, like her mom is, until we find out what has happened. Her maternal grandmother and her boyfriend and family are okay, and rebuilding, now they are in Missippi.

I cannot even imagine how those that have family in New Orleans area, and Missippi etc, not knowing where they are. I just wish I could gather you all up and give you a hug...

I don't know what else to say...

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am so glad you found your cousin, I hope you hear more good news.

I just heard from my cousin today too. He and I grew up together but were never really close like I was my Dad's side of the family. His mom , my Aunt Merita and I grew close after my Mom's suicide and thru the years we talk on the phone and see each other every once in awhile.

Three years ago her middle son , my cousin John also committed suicide and his brother David, the one I found today, came up on him but it was too late. It is terrible to have two suicides in the family .

We don't talk as much as we should here lately , we were keeping touch with emails. I tried to find her new number a couple of months ago and never got her.

When the hurricane hit, I knew my Aunt and cousins would get out, as they are from Natchitoches , four hours north of NO. Turns out they were with friends in Baton Rouge and were safe. They left their homes and have heard rumors of squatters taking over the homes that were on higher ground like my Aunts. David said he didn't care if they went in and took what they could for survive , he just hopes they left the pictures and keepsakes alone.

Oh yeah..........my cousin is a Bass player in many Jazz bands downtown . That is how I found his email address he had his own web site. Your cousin and mine might know each other.....his name is David Brouillette. His father my uncle was the best OB/GYN in all of Natchitoches parish. He even had a small part in the movie "Steal Magnolias" , he was the younger doctor walking and talking when Sally Field , My'Lynn had surgery.......Neat huh?

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Lyin eyes that is neat.

My cousin's name is Kat Newton...she was in a band called Some like it Hot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit