20 year old commandeers school bus-picks up New Orleans refugees

by doodle-v 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

First off Doodle I just love your new avatar pic........at least it is new to me. It just speaks your personality , sassy and spunky.

I loved this story too.

I hear Harry Connick , Jr. tell the story of Charles Neville's daughter , of the Neville brothers, did the same thing.

She saw an abandoned van and loaded people up. Harry said if she could do why couldn't those in charge more or less?

Amazing stories like this are going to be coming out of the woodwork more and more, when the people of New Orleans have had a chance to catch their breath, get needed medical care and that initial shock of what they went thru .

For all the bad behavior so some, the real humanity and spirit of those folks are going to be what stands out .

Also, the love of their fellow man that the multitudes all around the world have already shown reaching out to help them is what is going to shine.

• desbah
    desbah

great article doodle-v,

what that young man did took courage and determination to get ppl out of New Orleans.

~desbah~

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I hear Harry Connick , Jr. tell the story of Charles Neville's daughter , of the Neville brothers, did the same thing.

She saw an abandoned van and loaded people up. Harry said if she could do why couldn't those in charge more or less?

I heard that story too.

Another one was a man who owned a hotel and a restaurant, paid $25,000 for several buses to come evacuate people from hotels. When they got to New Orleans, they were diverted to the Superdome and not allowed to go to where they had been chartered. No one knows if he will get his money back, but probably not.

It seems like they could have gotten all the school buses and city buses, in New Orleans BEFORE the hurricane and taken out many of the poor people, those without transportation, and the elderly and infirm (those who didn't evacuate because they had no way to do it). That way, the buses would have not been destroyed in the ensuing mess and more people would have been saved. Hindsight.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    -- got a BIG lump in my throat after reading the story.

Thanks for posting that, DoodleV

Your welcome. Yeah I got tears in my eyes reading about that story too. And Sorry I took so long to reply, I just now checked this thread. I sometimes abandon my own threads, without meaning to! oops

First off Doodle I just love your new avatar pic........at least it is new to me. It just speaks your personality , sassy and spunky.

Thanks! -Doodle-V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit